Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burn View Post
    Anderson Manufacturing has since hired a gunsmith to work within their firearms area..... that would be me.....

the mistakes that went out with this paticular firearm have been addressed and will not show up in the future.

as far as the M4 cuts in the star chamber but not the receiver this is because the barrels are purchased from ER Shaw and that is the star chamber they use and ADM makes the receivers in house.... In non-full auto or burst fire AR's feed ramps cut in the receiver are not needed if you are using a good quality magazine (like the P-mags that come with the rifles we sell).

Thank you OP for the honest review...
    First, I believe you have to put your affiliation with this company in your signature line.

Second: You call yourself a gunsmith and call it a "star chamber?" What in **** is a "star chamber"?

Use correct nomenclature if you want to be taken seriously.

$1150 for a piece of crap like this? You've got to be kidding....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    First, I believe you have to put your affiliation with this company in your signature line.

Second: You call yourself a gunsmith and call it a "star chamber?" What in **** is a "star chamber"?

Use correct nomenclature if you want to be taken seriously.

$1150 for a piece of crap like this? You've got to be kidding....
    a barrel extension...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I wouldn't be surprised if this wonder finish came off with ordinary cleaning solvents like brake cleaner.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burn View Post
    Anderson Manufacturing has since hired a gunsmith to work within their firearms area....

With all due respect..... A manufacturing engineer should be used in these situations, not a gunsmith...

Name 1 professional team who uses this coating in their engines..... NHRA Top Fuel or FunnyCar???? NASCAR Cup Team????
    Last edited by bo-hoss; 07-14-11 at 06:09.

Feedback Score
    BTW, for $150 more, you can buy a Colt 6940. WITH sights.

The problem with this steaming pile of poo, is that the assumptions behind it are flawed: And is an example of yet another unscrupulous and/or misguided manufacturer taking advantage of mythology about the AR system.

No lube?

Morons....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My $900 dollar SW MP15 has better quality than that..No lube...its like slick 50 or whatever else wonder additive in cars....im still up on this NO LUBE REQUIRED

Feedback Score
    I have agreed to TxE the system and give them feedback on what is good and bad.

The RF85 treatment is one of the main reasons I have agreed to this as its been used recently in auto racing to very good results.

I found talking with the Anderson Group on the phone great as they came off as wanting to do what ever it talkes to make a great AR System

Feedback Score
    Not taking any side, but odds are this is a legitimate friction reducing treatment (there are quite a few these days), and it probly does work.

Here for example. http://www.circletrack.com/drivetrai...end/index.html I don't drive in circles but I've set the gear mesh on enough rear diffs to appreciate what they are talking about.

I also know this is no indication of weather it's suitable or beneficial for a firearm, especially an AR. I can certainly see why someone would think (and hope) so however. Looking forward to hearing further reviews.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As someone that's been through this as recently as a year ago when our product (the modular selector) first came out, I urge you gents to be patient and give it a fair chance.

There can be preconceived notions and prejudice against a new product from a relatively unknown company. We (Battle Arms) are thankful that most of you guys on m4c gave us and the product a chance and time before kicking us in the butt, but there were doubters and naysayers, and we understand the reasons very well. The folks on m4c did not jump on the negativity bandwagon and run us out of town.

Now that our position in the industry is much stronger, we are almost immune to this one time only experience with this specific product. When we come out with something new, we may go through it again

A company is going to make mistakes along the way, some in the beginning, as long as it's willing to learn from them, it will make good products and, we as consumers, can benefit from it
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    You guys all have pretty big balls to pony up the dough and time and especially to submit to criticism like this. My hats off to all you guys that do so.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast