Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armatac View Post
    This was an unpleasant read, for multiple reasons

comments about machining chatter, geez I have seen colts that look like they were made with a 10 year old dull high speed steel endmill,

Seems to shoot good,
    it is way too bad it is a total piece of shit

keyboard diarrhea. I want my time back.
    Lots of AR's these days "shoot good."

They also "shoot good" for less money, and are assembled by people who know what they hell they're doing and how to choose quality components.

The comments here may be "harsh," but what is one to expect in a market saturated with everyone and their grandmother coming out with an AR? If you expect people to pay over 1,000 for a product, when you charge more for your product than other companies that are more knowledgeable and have an established track record, you better make damn sure you've done your homework.

The burden is on the company to prove that they have a reason to exist when they decide to dive into an extremely competitive marketplace. I, as a consumer, have no obligations to hold a company's hand, read them a story at night, and tuck them in before bed.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    Ahhhhh. Capitalism!!! Breath it in fellas, breath it in!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armatac View Post
    This was an unpleasant read, for multiple reasons
    comments about machining chatter, geez I have seen colts that look like they were made with a 10 year old dull high speed steel endmill,
    Seems to shoot good,
    it is way too bad it is a total piece of shit
    keyboard diarrhea. I want my time back.
    Life is hard; wear a helmet.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last year these guys set up a bunch of troll acounts at barfcom to push their product(got busted too).Here's a "review" i found on Youtube,i guess some "foreign governments" have them in service.Also,they come with Magpul "clips" .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg3Eqh_wAkA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are they like clips for potato bags?
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Are they like clips for potato bags?
    You know better Duffy,they're for the microwave popcorn!Tactics like they used it was piss's me off.Claiming to be the "best" ect...right off the bat.You are honest about your products,i purchased one and was WAY more happy with it than i would have believed!No B.S and pure quality/inovation is what i like .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARPATRIOT View Post
    Last year these guys set up a bunch of troll acounts at barfcom to push their product(got busted too).Here's a "review" i found on Youtube,i guess some "foreign governments" have them in service.Also,they come with Magpul "clips" .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg3Eqh_wAkA
    I've yet to see a "review" by Jeff where he didn't like the product he was supposed to be testing. They are ads, more than anything; his followers get quite aggressive when you bring up this fact.

I'm even less impressed by this thing after seeing that video. What OEM's? Lots in circulation, what are the figures? Foreign governments? What foreign governments and in what capacity? More unsubstantiated fudd bullshit.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARPATRIOT View Post
    You know better Duffy,they're for the microwave popcorn!Tactics like they used it was piss's me off.Claiming to be the "best" ect...right off the bat.You are honest about your products,i purchased one and was WAY more happy with it than i would have believed!No B.S and pure quality/inovation is what i like .
    Ah, so sorry! Thank you for your kind words
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Just an update because of PM questions on this.

No rifle has arrived yet but Leupold has sent me a scope so I can also do precision testing on rifle when it arrives

I promise full and severe testing/reporting on the rifle when it shows up

Feedback Score
    OK, Stan Pate and I, both from US National F TR Team, have had one of these rifles for about three weeks now. Accuarcy is outstanding.

The rifles are running very well. I have around 500 rds through mine without cleaning with only two malfunctions that where caused by a single bad magazine of a different manufacture. With good magazines the rifle is running very well. Stan has had zero malfunctions with the P Mags. He put a big old 20x scope on his and shot for groups with 82 grain Bergers. Groups were all under .50 moa with several in the .25 moa. Mine has a 1.5-5 MK4 on it and is holding 1" groups for 20 rds at 100 yards. Thats the best I can do with the CQB reticle in that scope so not a perfect test on my part.

The future ARs I am told will have M4 feed ramps.

The fit and finish of the rifles are very good.

The metal treatment feels slick but not oily. It does not come off in your hands.

My plan over next month ( Minus leaving end of next week for US F Class Nationals) is to beat snot out of this rifle and see how long it goes without cleaning.

Will keep this up to date best I can but dont expect anything for 2-3 weeks

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast