Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    any photos of the wear (or lack of?) on bcg?

Feedback Score
    After it starts to get gummy or I hit near 3000 rounds I will tear down, clean and then do photos. Too soon to check because part of this is how long it goes without problems

Feedback Score
    1500 rds, still running great. Still have not cleaned it

Feedback Score
    OK I promissed to beat the crap out of the Anderson rifles and I have.

In this process, Stan Pate, also of US National F TR Team, and I where invited back to Andersons to beat up a couple of rifles.

We spent two days throwing the rifles in mud and water, then shooting the rifles while still dripping wet( We let water run out of gas system before shooting for safety). I lost count of how many times we stomped and or dropped the rifles in some serious sand/clay mud and then shot them. We NEVER CLEANED OR OILED THE RIFLES. The rifles performed very well.

We also toured the manufacturing plant and I have to tell you I was surprized but who other top AR type rifles Andersons was making uppers and lowers for. The plant is huge and they where making all kinds of serious equipment from Up Armor kits for Humvees, to Vault doors to highly procise DOD contracts. We where impressed.

Andersons filmed our shooting and a short segment should air on The Outdoor Channel some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. When I find dates I will update this thread.

Now the real important stuff. Anderson's has listened to you and I. They now have M4 feedramps on all its ARs. Every part inside is current Milspec. The barrels are now there own spec with the RF85 treatment. I am working with them to treat a 1911 to see how the treatment holds up to a hand built daily use beat to death pistol.

Accuaracy of the rifles is fantastic. Stan made up some handloads for a 16" and was getting .25 moa groups, with a massive high power ( looked ridiculous on tops scope) just for group testing. I was just shooting crummy ammo with a MK4 1.5-5 scope on it and held 3" circle from magazine prone at 100 yards for 30 rds.

In the beat/mud tests we used a 20" Anderson with MK4 3.5-10 Coyotee colored M110 scope, with Alumina Covers and a MK4 1.5-5 on a 16" Anderson.

One of the most impressive thing was I kept dropping the 20" with 3.5-10 MK4 into 2.5-3' of water and not even the scope caps leaked. Lense where still dry after two days of mud and water on them

I am impressed!

Feedback Score
    It will be interesting to see how their new .308 will hold up.

Hopefully it will be a good product for them...and us.
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Every part inside is current Milspec.
    This term is often used with the best intentions, but can create problems. Is this per the manufacturer? What specs for what parts?

Feedback Score
    Anymore updates?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalIntervention View Post
    Every part inside is current Milspec.
    Any part coated with RF85 could not possibly be milspec as the coating is not part of the spec.

Whether or not is it better than milspec is another matter but this term gets brandished a bit too much IMO.

Feedback Score
    Words aside the system just freakin works great.

Took apart the 16" and carefully looked at all the parts after right at 2500 rds without cleaning. Cleaned with soap and water and use compressed air to dry off. All normal wear surfaces look new still.

As to Milspec. Just repeating what they said. I am more of a shooter trainer than metal guy. They use current mil spec parts/materials and then RF85 treat them. Its not a coating. This may end up a game changer.

I am sending them a 1911 to have RF85 treatment done to see how it works on a hard use carry pistol.

On the rifles I have ordered a 308 with 26" bbl to compete in F TR Class and that should tell me just how accurate thier system can be

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalIntervention View Post
    Words aside the system just freakin works great.

Took apart the 16" and carefully looked at all the parts after right at 2500 rds without cleaning. Cleaned with soap and water and use compressed air to dry off. All normal wear surfaces look new still.
    how about some pics?

Also looking forward to a review and pics of the 1911 if you get it done

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast