Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A tribute to Carlos Hathcock: Examining the infamous "shot through a scope" shot...

Feedback Score
    Great tests!
    Hathcock wouldn't be the legend he is unless there were doubters.....haters gonna hate.

Feedback Score
    I first met Gunny when he used to come and give the Effects of weather class at the Sniper Instructor School ( talk about dating yourself) at Quantico. Later when I ran the 2ed Mar Div School at Stone Bay we used to go up to Gunny's place in Va Beach spend the night at his house and drive him down for Graduation and to sign the Students books. ( Which I never knew at that time He did not get a dime for the soft copies of the book published only the hard copies).
    He was neither a braggart or a liar. He was one of the most honorable Marines I ever met and a true legend of the Corps.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    When I graduated from SSIS he wasn't able to come to our graduation. The replacement guest speaker was a good guy, but everyone just wanted to meet Gunny.

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTMAJ View Post
    Later when I ran the 2ed Mar Div School at Stone Bay we used to go up to Gunny's place in Va Beach spend the night at his house and drive him down for Graduation and to sign the Students books.
    The meeting I described earlier in this thread took place at one of these graduations (Stone Bay). I was quite possibly one of your students.

Here's a pic from my graduation with Gunny Hathcock as the guest speaker. The Marine on the right is Sgt. Smith. An *awsome* instructor who was (I heard) later killed in a car crash.

Semper Fi and RIP to both.

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome sir!

The only thing mythbusters proves is that they can get good ratings.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    After reading about him I was as impressed by his character as much as his talent. I like to think he was the filthy guy with the big scope who walked out of the bush to thumb a ride on Plantation Road in 1969.

Feedback Score
    5cary yes Smitty was a good friend and a great instructor and devote of the Gunny and yes he died in his beloved Corvette at a high rate of speed. That means you probably remember some of the other instructors. Rodriquiz, Krist, Hunt, Langdon, and of course Hambone, who taught marksmanship
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567