Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using a Magpul .308 PMag in a SCAR 17S

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Using a Magpul .308 PMag in a SCAR 17S

First, the instructions...
    1. mod the magazines. cut off the four plastic 'spacers' at the front of the magazine. grind down the sides of the magazines so that all the writing/bullet symbols are flush. Take apart the magazine. cut the follower, just two quick cuts, there is a line right at the back center of the follower, youll know what i mean when you are cutting. if you dont do this the mag will lock the bolt open with one round left. (DO ALL OF THIS WITH THE PLASTIC SAW) after that get the drill bit out, and cut the mag catch.

2. mod the magwell, with the magazine taken apart(empty) it should fit in the magwell, a tight fit. with the grind stone grind down the inside of the magwell untill the magazine slides in easily. the back of the magwell need to be rounded like the back of the magazine. i can still use the original magazine bot it wobbles a little, im thinking of trying ar10 magazines sometime,
    Sounds bad enough already--but wait until you see the results

http://fnforum.net/fn-scar-17-magazines-t26987-50.html
    Dave Merrill
    Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Feedback Score
    Whoa!!! That made me a little queasy to look at. That is dremel hall of fame material right there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If it works for him, cool, but I haven't graduated from W.E.C.S.O.G yet.
    Last edited by IZinterrogator; 05-20-11 at 02:58.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think I would leave that to someone with a mill. It would be cool if someone came out with a replacement lower which accepted SR25 type mags.
    FFL/SOT armorer

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's painful to look at.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    What a hack job. That guy should have been a plastic surgeon in Brazil.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Feedback Score
    Wow ! That lower looks like it has voided all warranties !

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Epic fail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Uhhh. No.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Dremel jockey hall of fame right there.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Rut ro... What a jackass!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like his plans to make his mold and produce his own lowers..... Sounds pretty easy.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    That first pic makes my blood curdle. Such a beautiful gun, she never even had a chance ;'(

Feedback Score
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Some people should just not have guns... they should give them to people who would love and care for them... like me
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Modify a $3000 gun to accept a $15 magazine. REALLY . Somebody caught the D>U>M>B.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 05-20-11 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    It would be cool if someone came out with a replacement lower which accepted SR25 type mags.
    Hey Rob,
    While I believe you have great insight on a great deal of topics I'm curious why you think this? I know FN mags are a proprietary design and a bit pricey but they are still cheaper then SR25 mags. Do the FN mags suck or something? I can't imagine paying for a scar only to buy an additional replacement lower at who knows what cost. I know Magpul provides users with a decent offering but I still like my SR25 mags better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Holy crap...If I ever have the opportunity to acquire a 17s, the last thing I'd ever want to do to the poor thing is dremel-f*ck the shit out of the mag well so that it'll take pmags (which also have to be individually dremel-f*cked).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Sweet baby Jebus.

Clint Lynch is hopefully on the radio as we speak, calling in an airstrike on that guy's kitchen table.....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80043

I should mention I posted the link before this guy posted the pictures of his 'work', not that I wasn't pretty dubious to start. I just thought it was interesting.
    Last edited by zacbol; 05-20-11 at 20:21.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast