Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Using a Magpul .308 PMag in a SCAR 17S

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Hey Rob,
    While I believe you have great insight on a great deal of topics I'm curious why you think this? I know FN mags are a proprietary design and a bit pricey but they are still cheaper then SR25 mags. Do the FN mags suck or something? I can't imagine paying for a scar only to buy an additional replacement lower at who knows what cost. I know Magpul provides users with a decent offering but I still like my SR25 mags better.
    The problem that is motivating stuff like this isn't the price or problems with the mags, but rather the sheer difficulty in the finding them at *any* price. They can definitely be had, but it takes some work and often times you may find folks expect you to pay a premium.

I got about 11 mags at a slight premium (I paid about $7 over what each of them should have cost) but many have not been so lucky and are stuck with the one mag that came with the gun. Where there's desperation, folks do things like this. The mags themselves are great and not super expensive at $30-40.
    Last edited by zacbol; 05-20-11 at 20:37.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
    The problem that is motivating stuff like this isn't the price or problems with the mags, but rather the sheer difficulty in the finding them at *any* price. They can definitely be had, but it takes some work and often times you may find folks expect you to pay a premium.

I got about 11 mags at a slight premium (I paid about $7 over what each of them should have cost) but many have not been so lucky and are stuck with the one mag that came with the gun. Where there's desperation, folks do things like this. The mags themselves are great and not super expensive at $38 IMO.
    Understandable and pretty consistent with what has been stated on most forums. Even though it's been out awhile it's still a relatively new platform. Given time I'm sure there will be an ample supply of magazines at a reasonable (sort of) price. Unavailability is nothing new when it comes to firearms related products, especially products that have had extreme interest and anticipation of release amongst the firearm community.

Feedback Score
    Wow. I guess that guy REALLY likes PMags.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If I knew that guy I would kick him in the nuts for destroying something I cant even have. What a douch

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Did I miss something or did this guy only grind down the lower receiver of the SCAR? If he only did that, what's the problem?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That has to be the most barbaric thing I have seen since the genocide in Rwanda. I am virtually speechless......

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Wow....truly remarkable in the awesomeness of the fail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    Sounds bad enough already--but wait until you see the results
    Quite.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    He's only modding the lower right? As ugly and stupid as it is, it's not "destroying a $3000 rifle" and some of the other comments I've seen on here. Isn't it the same as modifying a 16 lower? Can you not call and buy another one like you can with the 16?

Unless there's something I don't know - which is likely - this isn't as big a deal as some of you guys are making it out to be.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    this isn't as big a deal as some of you guys are making it out to be.
    No, compared to unrest in the Middle East, or brain cancer, no, it's not that big a deal.

But hacking an expensive rifle to pieces in an effort to use a magazine that was not designed to work with that rifle...well that's kind of a big bunch of fail. No?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast