Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Using a Magpul .308 PMag in a SCAR 17S

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    ........but he's not hacking an expensive rifle to pieces. It's a cheap lower. I don't know about 17's yet, but you can buy a 16 lower for right around $40. If he started hacking away at the upper (the actual firearm) then yes, he would be destroying an expensive rifle.

And yes, it is stupid what he's doing.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Please tell me where to get a SCAR lower for 40.00.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    ........but he's not hacking an expensive rifle to pieces. It's a cheap lower. I don't know about 17's yet, but you can buy a 16 lower for right around $40. If he started hacking away at the upper (the actual firearm) then yes, he would be destroying an expensive rifle.

And yes, it is stupid what he's doing.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd like to know as well. I have a Light and a Heavy and would love to know where I can get these. I'd really like to know where I can get a short barrel for the 16 without modifying the one I have.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    yes, sure has me curious now too...where can one get these $40 SCAR lowers?

Link please?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    http://fnforum.net/fn-scar-16s-explo...st-t21344.html

Call up Bob Ailes and talk to him. He's very helpful. If you want his contact info, let me know and I'll give it to you. I have also seen a couple extra lowers selling on Arfcom months back for what that's worth. There only seem to be certain parts that you can't get.

Lots of people modify the grip tang too and you don't hear a peep. Granted this is an extreme example of modification - one I would never do and never recommend.

ETA: I have not ordered a spare lower. When I was calling Bob and ordering other parts, I asked and he confirmed they are available.
    Last edited by scoutfsu99; 05-21-11 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I'd like to know as well. I have a Light and a Heavy and would love to know where I can get these. I'd really like to know where I can get a short barrel for the 16 without modifying the one I have.
    We both know that it's near impossible to get another barrel without buying a whole other rifle. Hopefully that will be fixed in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything soon.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I don't think anyone will be replacing an FN lower anytime soon for $40 bucks. Hell I'd have an office full of em' even if they were $400 bucks each. And there is a huge difference between modding an AR Lower with aftermarket parts and grinding on a firearm with a dremel. As far as it being a big deal I agree it's not because it's not my firearm. I just thought it was incredibly stupid.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Just read the diagram. If it's true I stand corrected granted its for the 5.56 version.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 05-21-11 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Just read the diagram. If it's true I stand corrected granted its for the 5.56 version.
    Yep. Looks quite interesting. The trigger module frame is just 49 bucks.
    Smart move making it from plastic.
    It shouldn't be that big deal for some company like Magpul to make a module that takes Pmags.

The "mod" in the pics on page one still deserves a Darwin award.
    Last edited by Jaws; 05-22-11 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    It shouldn't be that big deal for some company like Magpul to make a module that takes Pmags.
    This would be the way to go I think. I'm sure FN wouldn't like this at all.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast