Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Using a Magpul .308 PMag in a SCAR 17S

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    fire control group is pretty pricey, unless you plan to pull the parts off the original lower

problem is you cant find the mags anywhere, and if you do find them, they surely wont be $40
    Just Googled SCAR 17 magazines. Most were under $40 a piece. Not sure about if their in stock though. Maybe the supply is starting to catch up to demand?
    Last edited by Cagemonkey; 05-26-11 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    fire control group is pretty pricey, unless you plan to pull the parts off the original lower
    You're right, FCG and assorted parts will be expensive. But he's not cutting on those. Unless you were talking about running two lowers - one w/ FN mags and the other PMags? That would get pricey - provided you can even order those parts. I didn't ask, but when I tried to order parts of the bolt, it was a no go. Lol, I even asked about the barrel hoping I could slip through the cracks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Just Googled SCAR 17 magazines. Most were under $40 a piece. Not sure about if their in stock though. Maybe the supply is starting to catch up to demand?
    Those are all out of stock and still reflecting MSRP or thereabouts. Single mags go on GB for around $60-$70, with multiple mag auctions showing a large premium. There was a batch of five that went for $512 recently, followed by a batch of two from the same seller that sold for $255.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by 762DoubleTap; 06-06-11 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    drop free or not, I am surprised it works. I really hope this opens up for professional lower modifications..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    drop free or not, I am surprised it works. I really hope this opens up for professional lower modifications..
    Well, as I think was pointed out before, the lower itself isn't that expensive. I'd buy one and have it converted if someone could do it that wasn't a hack. I'd ****ing love to use Pmags/SR25 mags instead of the proprietary ones.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post
    I wonder if you could order a stripped lower receiver and send it off to someone like KAC, LMT, etc. and have them use their magwell broaching fixture to open it up to the proper dimensions in one quick, uniform pass. With lowers for $48 I'm somewhat interested to give this a try. Well done; this deserves the WECSOG medal for gallentry...

Stephen
    And everybody was breaking the guy's balls, too. It took balls, for sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Well, as I think was pointed out before, the lower itself isn't that expensive. I'd buy one and have it converted if someone could do it that wasn't a hack. I'd ****ing love to use Pmags/SR25 mags instead of the proprietary ones.
    yup, saw that. That's why I mentioned hoping that a shop would pick up on this mod.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567