Thread: Norrell's moly resin coating, 8oz enough?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Norrell's moly resin coating, 8oz enough?

not sure if this belongs here but didn't know where else to put it so I apologize in advance if it is in the wrong sub forum.

is 8 oz of Norrell's coating enough to coat a upper and lower receiver? I would think so but don't want to run out mid project.

thanks

Chad

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depending on how thick you put it on, it might be just enough. Also, his 8oz bottles are only 7 oz of product. You can also get 4 times the quantity, for only twice the money. Probably worth it and you will have extra molly coat left over to paint the mail box or whatever the heck you want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquajon View Post
    Depending on how thick you put it on, it might be just enough. Also, his 8oz bottles are only 7 oz of product. You can also get 4 times the quantity, for only twice the money. Probably worth it and you will have extra molly coat left over to paint the mail box or whatever the heck you want.
    good point, my 870 might be in for a paint job as well.

Chad

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I did an upper and lower, twice actually, because it wasn't as flat as I wanted. I used a Preval sprayer and put it on pretty thick. I had about half a bottle left after that. Then, last night I did two small pistol slides, and still have about a third of a bottle left, this time I used a small automotive type gravity feed sprayer.

So, I would expect an 8 oz. bottle to do at least three uppers and three lowers, if you don't get too wasteful with it.

I just used my kitchen oven to cure it, but some think you will get cancer from doing such things.
    Last edited by Jimbo45; 05-20-11 at 22:39.