Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LC9?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gfelber View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a robust and uber reliable subcompact other than the baby Glocks , M&Ps or perhaps the Walther. Some of the Kahrs have had some reliability issues like many a Ruger. I'd recommend spend a little quality time searching M4C.

Sig has also introduced a subcompact 9mm, the P290. I'm not aware of anyone who has actually shot it, however. Let's hope it doesn't have the teething issues of the P250.

Lastly, these little 9s can be snappy and many do not like how they recoil, the lack of purchase on the grips, etc. I would strongly recommend that you put lots of rounds through each of them before buying. I'm not sure what ranges are near Oak Harbor, but Wades and I think Bellevue Gun Club has the Kahrs (well PM9, but essentially the same gun), but I don't think any have the LC9 yet. I'll check Bellevue for you since I'm headed that way today.
    After a second look the Walther PK380 kind of fits my requirements. The more I look the more confused I get. I think I need to find a good range and try all three guns. Shooting a few boxes thru each should help me decide. I have looked into the M&P 40C and after carrying my Makarov around I want something smaller than it.
    Last edited by ghost762; 05-21-11 at 11:34.

Rock River Arms Tactical CAR A4, S&W Bodyguard .380, S&W Model 410 .40 cal, S&W M&P22
    S&W M&P 40, Custom .22LR AR, Mossberg 500

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost762 View Post
    After a second look the Walther PK380 kind of fits my requirements. The more I look the more confused I get. I think I need to find a good range and try all three guns. Shooting a few boxes thru each should help me decide. I have looked into the M&P 40C and after carrying my Makarov around I want something smaller than it.
    I'd get the Sig P232 over the Walther PPK. PPK has had a number of function issues over years, and the P232 has been a stellar performer in .380.

Feedback Score
    You just can't beat a Bersa for value and reliability. Lifetime warranty. I have three ( Thunder .380, Concealed Carry .380 and Thunder Pro 9mm). I have been nothing but impressed with their performance.

My next one may be the Ultra Compact .45acp

My Kel-Tec P11 has run like a top since it came back from the factory and is my truck gun. Rugged.

My best pocket gun is the Ruger LCR. I have an LCP on layaway, so I can't speak to that, but it appears that may be an even better pocket gun.

Feedback Score
    I have an LCP and it is small let me tell you. I put the Hogue handall grip on it to beef it up a little and it is still the tiniest pistol I've ever held in my hand. The .380 has a little bit of a kick to it in the LCP platform as well. Of course, that's to be expected from what is also the most concealable platform I think I've ever held in my hand. I have small to medium sized hands so 1911's feel fantastic as do Sig P239's wearing Hogue grips. The P225 has fantastic ergonomics too, but its frame may be a tad large for your applications.

I've owned a G26 and they are bulky no doubt. Your most concealable options will be metal frames that pack weight into a tighter design. Look at Khar. They make some tight little guns and the trigger is pretty smooth on them too.
    You have the right to be offended.

Feedback Score
    I want to first say that I've never shot the LC9 and for my own personal needs of a deep concealment gun (when even the G26 is too big), I opted for a J-frame to fit the bill. However, if the LC9 peaks your interest, I'd suggest you get it. Just run it through its paces before you rely on it with your life. If it makes it through to your expectations, you have your next carry gun. If it doesn't make it, it's a new enough gun that you can sell it and not lose a lot of your investment.

Feedback Score
    So after watching the video review of the LC9 and doing some research I'm considering the S&W Bodyguard .380. What do people think of that gun?
    Last edited by ghost762; 06-12-11 at 20:14.

Rock River Arms Tactical CAR A4, S&W Bodyguard .380, S&W Model 410 .40 cal, S&W M&P22

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost762 View Post
    I have been looking for a smaller gun than my Makarov for concealed carry and so far the three shops in my area have shown me the Ruger LC9. What do the people of M4C think of this weapon? My requirements for a small carry gun are around 7 round capacity in either .380 or 9mm and not so small that it's hard to shoot. Priced at around $300-400. Last must be easy to carry inside the pants style. So with those requirements does anyone have a good alternative to the LC9 that my also meets my requirements as well? If ANYONE suggests a Glock I will come to your house and SLAP you.
    I know it is out of your price, but Walther PPS in 9
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    So got the Bodyguard .308 for $400 out the door at Skagit Arms with a box of Remington UMC ammo.

Next to my East German Makarov.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12