Thread: Just ordered my lower!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Just ordered my lower!

Through reading and researching on this site, I've decided my next AR will be a lightweight, CQB rifle for training and self defense purposes. So far I have just ordered:

BCM lower, blem
    Magpul MOE stock and Trigger guard
    Tango Down Grip
    CMT Ambi Safety
    Gissele SSA Trigger
    Milspec RE with H buffer

I want to build this rifle with no reservations, so I don't end up with any regrets. Next up I'll have to plan my upper...really debating between a 14.5" hammer forged, lightweight, or just standard model. Apparently there's only a 4oz different in weight with the lightweight barrel...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You know the BCM lower is milspec and comes with an "H" buffer right? From the way you listed the parts it seems like you ordered an H buffer and milspec RE when the BCM brings those items.

I went with the standard gov't profile DD CHF 14.5 middy and I am very happy. No problems thus far.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sorry- it did come with the lower. I did not order it extra. I'm looking at BCM, DD, Noveske, and LWRC, although it seems like all I'll be able to afford is the BCM...not that that's a bad thing!
    Last edited by shaneinhisroom; 06-27-11 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneinhisroom View Post
    Sorry- it did come with the lower. I did not order it extra.
    No sweat man I just wanted to make sure you didn't order parts that you did not need.

Congrats on the lower. One thing I will advise, if you do go 14.5 make sure 100% on the intentions of use for the rifle and the muzzle device, you don't want to be swapping around permanently attached muzzle devices.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's a great point. I don't have too much experience with flash hiders yet, I'm still not sure of the differences between a A2 and a Surefire model, for example, and why there's a hundred dollar difference...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's a great point. I don't have too much experience with flash hiders yet, I'm still not sure of the differences between a A2 and a Surefire model, for example, and why there's a hundred dollar difference...
    The A2 is the standard milspec FH if you will.

The Surefire components, like many other companies, is a muzzle brake which aids in reducing recoil or a flash hider and is also a mount for the SF suppressors.

Not all aftermarket devices are suppressor mounts.

While the muzzle brakes do reduce recoil, some such as the SF make the rifle much LOUDER! It's a trade off. The flash hiders reduce flash and in m experience do not make the rifles noticeably louder.

The muzzle device is something you can search on the site, as there are as many preferences and opinions on those as brands of rifles.

One of the more common devices as of late are the Battle Comps.
    Last edited by Fire_Medic; 06-27-11 at 18:58.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Agreed- I will be doing much more searching on this site before I come down with a part. My RRA right now has the stock RRA Muzzle brake, and although it does help with recoil, people next to it always cringe when I shoot, presumable from the shockwave emanating from the brake. Definitely looking for something less loud for this build, as I don't need to go completely deaf should I need to use it in my home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Agreed- I will be doing much more searching on this site before I come down with a part. My RRA right now has the stock RRA Muzzle brake, and although it does help with recoil, people next to it always cringe when I shoot, presumable from the shockwave emanating from the brake. Definitely looking for something less loud for this build, as I don't need to go completely deaf should I need to use it in my home.
    Then stick to a standard A2, or maybe a flash hider but not the brakes/compensators. The Vortex FH are nice kit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE