Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFFIN Hammerhead Barricade Support Device

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E98T View Post
    Sorry but I see this as just another gimmick like the magwell grip that no one really needs.
    This. And I was taught not to get all up on your cover like that.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Interesting item. If I could offer some humble suggestions though. Weight would be a significant factor in anything I look at including that although it's target audience might preclude that from being an issue. You could perhaps make it a quick connect/remove type thing, or alternately hollow it out somehow. And 2, that price is a tad brutal, if you could combine it with some type of hand stop/grip function that would more significantly justify it I'd think than a high priced single/niche use item.

Although I don't see myself using/needing anything like this, I could envision some type of LEO function in a static/semi-static type of setup where it might be useful.

As for crowding cover, it kind of depends on the situation. If I'm in the only mudhut in the area overwatching the surrounding ao why not use it to solidify the shot. Not everyone has a handguard married up to their barrel. If i'm in a very active urban area and confusing situation where I can't guarantee what's going on outside that wall/window. Probably wouldn't find me doing that. This doesn't even touch upon just straight up guys who like to shoot simple home competitions who might use it. Not everyone in life is, or wants to be high speed/low drag. I personally think the grip pod is goofy as hell, but I've seen some high speed guys use that to very good effect too.

Everyone likes to cram their opinions in based on what they've seen or done. And since I haven't seen or done everything in life I'll humbly submit even though "I" don't cotton to this cup of tea, it might be nice for someone else.
    Last edited by dhrith; 05-23-11 at 20:44.

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrith View Post
    Interesting item. If I could offer some humble suggestions though. Weight would be a significant factor in anything I look at including that although it's target audience might preclude that from being an issue. You could perhaps make it a quick connect/remove type thing, or alternately hollow it out somehow. And 2, that price is a tad brutal, if you could combine it with some type of hand stop/grip function that would more significantly justify it I'd think than a high priced single/niche use item.

Although I don't see myself using/needing anything like this, I could envision some type of LEO function in a static/semi-static type of setup where it might be useful.

As for crowding cover, it kind of depends on the situation. If I'm in the only mudhut in the area overwatching the surrounding ao why not use it to solidify the shot. Not everyone has a handguard married up to their barrel. If i'm in a very active urban area and confusing situation where I can't guarantee what's going on outside that wall/window. Probably wouldn't find me doing that. This doesn't even touch upon just straight up guys who like to shoot simple home competitions who might use it. Not everyone in life is, or wants to be high speed/low drag. I personally think the grip pod is goofy as hell, but I've seen some high speed guys use that to very good effect too.

Everyone likes to cram their opinions in based on what they've seen or done. And since I haven't seen or done everything in life I'll humbly submit even though "I" don't cotton to this cup of tea, it might be nice for someone else.
    Thanks so much for the comment and the suggestions! Just to put things in perspective on the weight issue...

Military Grip Pod (a device intended to increase accuracy) = 7.8 Oz
    We are actually coming in lighter than them.

Hollowing it out is actually a really good idea. Unfortunately as you mentioned our price point is about maxed out.

Also... We named it the "EFFIN" Hammerhead... we are taking this one very lightheartedly take a guess what EFFIN stands for...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The rifle depicted is painted gold, an interesting color for a firearm. What setting do you have in mind for gold camo?

Feedback Score
    Another answer in search of a question (especially at that price).

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ares armor View Post
    take a guess what EFFIN stands for...
    Extreme Forward Fighting Indexing Nodule?
    Last edited by markm; 05-24-11 at 09:59.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ares armor View Post
    take a guess what EFFIN stands for...
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Extreme Forward Fighting Indexing Nodule?

We have a winner !

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    The rifle depicted is painted gold, an interesting color for a firearm. What setting do you have in mind for gold camo?
    Are your Colors off on your screen Tim? That's what Socal looks like 95% of the time, until it rains of course.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Are your Colors off on your screen Tim? That's what Socal looks like 95% of the time, until it rains of course.
    Even when it rains here in AZ it still looks like that.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E98T View Post
    Sorry but I see this as just another gimmick like the magwell grip that no one really needs.
    AMEN.

Another solution looking for a problem.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast