Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFFIN Hammerhead Barricade Support Device

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I disagree. And believe me... I'm as anti Nonsense as is comes.

This thing strikes me as a valid baricade shooting aid just like the open class pistols have some of those barricade bars on them. It's not for the vast majority of us.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am not a very gimiicky person when it comes to AR's. However, if you guys re-read what Ares is saying then it makes sense. This isn't for every Mall Ninja or AR flavor of the month gadget lover.

They are targeting certain end users and certain applications. I'd like to see some more feedback about it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Poked my head in the store today and saw it in use. Much smaller in person, although I didnt get to handle it. It has a place in comp. shooting for sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I disagree. And believe me... I'm as anti Nonsense as is comes.

This thing strikes me as a valid baricade shooting aid just like the open class pistols have some of those barricade bars on them. It's not for the vast majority of us.
    Markm is right. I spoke to one of the guys at Ares last week and he showed this to me then. The whole idea behind it is that you can put all of your weight up against a barricade and still have very stable and accurate full-auto fire. A palm sized (or head sized) group at 100m on full-auto is pretty good. This is the mindset that led to the creation of it. Coming from a company run by active duty Marines that have a pretty good idea about shooting behind a barricade, perimeter defense, checkpoint manning, etc., it is a well made and very logical tool for cetain types of activities.

The only real commercial application is competition, much the same as the Noveske barricade stop or resting a KAC handstop against a barricade for 3-gunning. It isn't something that really has much of a place for home defense, bench shooting, etc.

The guys at Ares know their shit, so it is a solution for a problem, not a solution looking for a problem.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Had some more ideas last night after I posted, which is funny because I really don't particularly like this. ;p But can see how some guys shooting certain ways really would.

You could really take a nice bit of weight off this (At a SWAG I'd say 20-25%) by running a 1/2" end mill vertically through the head part or alternately making three drilled holes through it (hell of a lot cheaper buying/sharpening drills I suppose) and possibly one through the center of the body without weakening it much structurally and still keeping most of the textured area. I was also thinking about some cop trying to watch over a barricaded shooter situation for hours on end and what a pain in the ass that might be and thought it might be nice to add a 1/4"-3/8" lip at the top front edge so it would "rest" or catch a window sill for example and not actually have to be "held into it" to be ready at a moments notice for someone running out. Still keeps the original function but adds a sort of "rest" feature to it. Good luck with your project.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Are your Colors off on your screen Tim? That's what Socal looks like 95% of the time, until it rains of course.
    Don't tell me it is not gold LS_HD, I've already painted mine the same scheme. Got one of those Extreme Forceful Forward Fighting Intractable Noodle Nodules on order. I can't wait to show it to my buddies!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E98T View Post
    Sorry but I see this as just another gimmick like the magwell grip that no one really needs.
    Agreed.

WOW, I expected this thing to be around $40. I guess maybe I just need to see it in person.

What would be a MAJOR advantage over say resting your railed forearm (with rubber ladders for traction) on a barricade/window besides a situation where you might need a little extra height?

This might make a little more sense on some type of LMG resting on a barricade but not a carbine.
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 05-24-11 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Agreed.

WOW, I expected this thing to be around $40. I guess maybe I just need to see it in person.

What would be a MAJOR advantage over say resting your railed forearm (with rubber ladders for traction) on a barricade/window besides a situation where you might need a little extra height?
    Resting it on, isn't going to give you the same solidity as driving it in.

It isn't that it's made from gold or a lot of parts. It's just a bit of a pain in the ass to machine cheaply.
    Last edited by dhrith; 05-24-11 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Aren't there already other high quality options out there that do the same thing in a more practical manner? It looks way to big for the simple task it is doing and it seems that it would greatly impair a normal shooting grip when not in use.

Any pics with a normal shooting grip?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    ...This isn't for every Mall Ninja or AR flavor of the month gadget lover.
    They are targeting certain end users and certain applications. I'd like to see some more feedback about it.
    That may well be but the price is simply too much.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast