Thread: Tips for shooting the IDPA classifer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I think the IDPA classifier is one of the best sets of standards ever. For me it is all about the first two strings of stage 1 (the heads) and the first two strings of stage 3 (the barricade) I have kept spread sheets of my classifier times since the early days of IDPA it is always interesting to compare times from years ago

Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why didn't I read this earlier this afternoon!?!?!?

I was shooting unclassified in SSP because this was my third match...ever.

115.something was my time after adding in points down. I was six points down after stages one and two...things were going well. After stage three you might ask? Suddenly I found myself thirty four points down for the classifier. Should have remembered perfect sight picture/perfect trigger control come that stage.

Those sixteen seconds wouldn't have gotten me to master...but they would have gotten me so damn close.

So instead of concentrating on things like target to target transitions, reloads, split times, and hauling ass, I get to spend my practice time shooting at bullseye targets from distance.

An hour or so before the classifier I had put ten or fifteen rounds on a six inch steel plate at thirty-some yards without a miss...but add in the clock and a sense of urgency that wasn't really there and my bullets found the -3 and -1 more often than is acceptable.

ETA:I shot it truly virgin, but I wish I'd have at least run it once on my own time!
    Last edited by thopkins22; 08-24-11 at 22:29.