Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiking Shoes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Patagonia Drifter A/C

edited....apparently Patagonia got out of the footwear market and I didn't get the memo. That sucks because I would have grabbed another pair had I known...
    Last edited by 99superduty; 01-19-16 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    Kenetrek.

I used to wear nothing but White's but have switched to Kenetrek. We are not nice to boots. My son who is a timber company resource forester here in Idaho also wears Kenetreks.

Great boots, and they make models for hot weather, too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I Use Brooks Cascadia trail running shoes. I am an avid hunter and trail runner I liked the XA pro salomons but they were a bit narrow for my foot. the brooks cascadia now has a goretex liner to make them water proof but what I like most about the shoe is the tread and lack of voids in the sole. When trail running or moving quickly over technical terrain I don't like my soles getting tripped up on rocks or sticks in the deep voids of other shoes. they are a very durable shoe and they are very stable. I use them a lot for bow hunting as well. Western style hunting doing spot and stalk in big heavy boots are tough to be quiet. I just keep my true hiking boots in my pack when I have to haul out game for added support. Every pound on your feet is like 10lbs on your back. I have tried the new balance minimum also but didn't feel they were as durable and my feet fatigued from the unsupportive sole. Go to an actual running store where they watch you run/walk on film it doesn't cost you anything but they can help you select shoes based on your foot structure and the way you run/walk it is a game changer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I park a mile from where I work, and walk it 99% of the time (even though I could take a rolling petri dish; ie., "bus"). I wanted a waterproof shoe for my walk for the rainy days. I picked up on Amazon a pair of Merrell Capra Sports. Gore-Tex, low-quarter hiking shoes. I am no friend of Merrell but they were $55 (still are, I just checked). So far, so good.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a pair of Merrell Moabs and I like the way they fit but they kind of fell apart without a lot of hard use. I am not the only one I know with this issue.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I have a pair of Merrell Moabs and I like the way they fit but they kind of fell apart without a lot of hard use. I am not the only one I know with this issue.
    My last, and only other, Merrells were Moabs. Horrible. Bad fit, uncomfortable, delaminating sole. I also have a pair of Lowa non-Gore-Tex hiking shoes (like the Tempest, but the model before that). I had an older pair that had a sole delaminating, had them over a year, sent them back to Lowa who sent me a new pair of the new model. They did right by me.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    One of my friends bought a pair that he uses hard. They quickly fell apart so he contacted them and they sent a new pair out for free. They fell apart pretty quickly too so they replaced them too.

I think they sent him out about 5 pairs in less than a year. Finslly he gave up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reported this in another thread: I just picked up 3 pairs of Salomons. XD pro, speedcross 4, and trailcross 3 for $120 total for all 3! Anyway, I love the XD pros so far!

Feedback Score
    i use a Arrowood Evo, a bit fashionable. but very comfortable, does the job and doesn't give any issues.

Feedback Score
    I live and hike in Florida as well. I wear UK Gear PT-03. They are sand-proof and made for hot weather.

http://www.ukgear.com/Shop/Products/...ushioning.html

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast