Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiking Shoes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vibram Five-fingers Treksports for me! Getting ready for an 85 mile trip and that is all I'll be wearing. Heavy hiking shoes are a thing of the past.
    http://www.pho-tac.com/
    Capturing the Essence of Tactical Reality

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is Kyle Defoor's recommendations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QxCJMcRMsE

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    How does those gortex boots handle hot weather? Some I've tried don't breath very well. They look good and I'm looking to ditch my Lowa Zephyrs as the soles are dying.

I prefer mids and it looks like all their mid heights are GTX.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wear my Asolos (Flame and Fugitive) in the heat with a lighter weight sock and they do fine. I have always favored the support of a heavier boot no matter the temperature though.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    How does those gortex boots handle hot weather? Some I've tried don't breath very well. They look good and I'm looking to ditch my Lowa Zephyrs as the soles are dying.

I've had most of them out there, Oakley SI's (the good ones), Lowa, OTB Bushmaster,
    OTB Thor, Merrell's, Addias GSG9's, Danner, ASOLO, Meindl et alia.

Salomon Quest 4D GTX have been the most comfy & coolest boots I have had to date.

on my Dawgs for 14+ hours a day some days & no probs.
    imo, superb boot.

HTH........

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As an update, I pulled the trigger on a pair of MOABs for my son and I. Like me he has drastically different feet. We tried on our shoes last night and were satisfied. I will say that the MOABs are comfortable but they feel different. Not in a bad way, but different. I am gonna look for arch supports tomorrow.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I've had numerous pairs of Merrell's and am happy with them every time.

I always make it a point to go to roadrunner for the experience and 60 day policy.

Returned two with no hassle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I formerly wore everything Merrell because my mom works for them, but in the last year I bought two pairs of Salomon shoes.
    The 3D Fastpacker Mid is awesome but sock selction is important. My feet sweat like crazy in them(with a cheap sock).

For warm weather, light loads, and every day wear I love the Solomon XA Comp 4 (no Goretex) which may have been discontinued.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post

Did you not like the Zephyrs? I was thinking of getting a pair of the GTX Mids for wet weather training and hiking/backpacking...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast