Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Carbine Course???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Kentucky Carbine Course???

Hi I'm just about done building my first AR and now I'm trying to find a local intro carbine course to attend in KY. Doing a bit of searching so far RWI Tactical is the only on going course I could find. If anyone knows of anymore courses in the area that would be great.

I'm interested in hearing about the experiences and opinion yal have of RWI and/or any other course that you have attended in KY. I'm a bit south of Lexington so the closer the better but I don't mind driving a bit for a quality class.

Thanks,
    BGG
    Last edited by BluegrassGunGuy; 05-25-11 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/ has a very good reputation for gunsmithing & training classes and is based out of Louisville, KY. I'd suggest giving them a call.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The next VSM carbine class run by the Superior Firearms cadre is slated for 26 June. This is without a doubt some of the finest training available in the area (usually conducted at Knob Creek).

Highly recommended!

AC

Feedback Score
    I can vouch for RWI. I took their level 1 course earlier this year. Level two this weekend that I unfortunately can't make it to.

Feedback Score
    26 June. Knob Creek. Call Joe at Superior.

You will be glad you did.

Feedback Score
    I would love to help.

Thanks.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassGunGuy View Post
    Hi I'm just about done building my first AR and now I'm trying to find a local intro carbine course to attend in KY. Doing a bit of searching so far RWI Tactical is the only on going course I could find. If anyone knows of anymore courses in the area that would be great.

I'm interested in hearing about the experiences and opinion yal have of RWI and/or any other course that you have attended in KY. I'm a bit south of Lexington so the closer the better but I don't mind driving a bit for a quality class.

Thanks,
    BGG
    Redback One will be heading to the Mid-West soon. We will be working with the ISOA in Indiana and also with some LEAs in KY.

It may also be possible for us to put on an Open Enrollment course in that area.

If this is something that you would be interested in, PM me to discuss.

Feedback Score
    I've taken two Carbine 1 courses and just recently finished a Carbine/Pistol 2 course from RWI and they were great, without breaking the bank. The price of the actual course is 33% lower than Superior Firearms, and the ammo requirement is significantly lower. I'm not saying anything bad about Mr. Smith's courses. I've never taken one, but I do wish to do so in the future. If you can't afford $160 plus 550 rounds of ammo for one course, RWI is a good option.

Their Level 1 courses are great for people who need an absolute intro into a weapon system, including zeroing your weapon, basic marksmanship fundamentals, etc., and once they've taught you the basics of shooting a carbine in general, they move on a little more practical and real world uses.

The instructors know what they're teaching very well, but I will admit some of them are still learning how to actually teach and present what they know. They're a new company; they will evolve and get better. One of their strong points is actually listening to their students and adapting their classes, even if it's the day of the class, to what the current customers need the most work on or help with.

Affiliations:
    Yes, I am friends with all of the instructors. No, I don't stand to gain anything by recommending them.

edit note: Joining a 'Training Group' should be supplemental to taking courses, and should not replace it. I had a lot of fun and learned a few things at the KYRTG shoot two and half weeks ago and plan to attend more... just like I plan to attend more courses.
    Last edited by Whootsinator; 06-02-11 at 10:50.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Falla View Post
    Redback One will be heading to the Mid-West soon. We will be working with the ISOA in Indiana and also with some LEAs in KY.

It may also be possible for us to put on an Open Enrollment course in that area.

If this is something that you would be interested in, PM me to discuss.
    Jason,
    I know a few people interested in an open carbine course in the IN/KY area. For myself, a Redback course in TN would be even better

rb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast