Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger's New 25-Round 10-22 Magazine

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    funny you should complain of this. Midway charges $5, but then adds on another $3 for an "under $25" order. Not THAT big a deal, when you are trying out something of this nature, ya think?
    Complaining?

I stated if there wasnt $8 shipping on top of the $22.95 price tag, I would have picked one up.

Youre the only one making a big fuss.

But funny you're making a fuss, when you yourself said earlier in this thread "If I could buy these for $25, I'd be snatching them up pronto." And I agree. When I find these mags at a shop or show for $25 Ill pick one up to try out.

Feedback Score
    See my ETA, friend. midway is even more than originally expected. If you see the value of these, overall it's still a good deal. Just sayin.

CDNN confirmation: $30.98. Not much more than $25 plus tax, and I don't have to leave the house
    Last edited by carbinero; 07-28-11 at 13:05.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Everyone I have talked in person that bought these have been 100% satisfied thus far. I am waiting for my local store to get some in myself.

Feedback Score
    I bought one out of curiosity. They have run 100% so far, my only complaint is they dont snap together like butler creek ones.
    Zack

Feedback Score
    I just picked one up at Cabela's in Lacey, WA a few days ago. I will be trying it out this Saturday. From what has already been said about them I know I will want another one. The local shop has them for 35 bucks. Cabela's had them for 30. When I can I will get another one and be getting rid of my butler creek ones as they are starting to double feed rounds from being so dirty. I have been told to use non-chlorinated brake cleaner on them to clean them up and then spray with WD-40 or other light lube. I haven't tried that yet but I might try it as I only have 4 mags for my Ruger now. 2 10 rnd and now 2 25 rnd mags. My wife really likes the Ruger over the Inter-arms ATD (Chinese Browning copy) we have. It's easier to load for one. But I like that the ATD can be a back pack .22 just by taking the barrel off and is somewhat accurate but not as accurate as the Ruger.
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    Which speed loader works best with these magazines?

Feedback Score
    Put mine through the paces and zero failures, which is better than I can say for the 10-rounder which came standard. Only several hundred down the pipe so far, so hopefully the 10 stops failing soon...but yeah, I'm getting more 25s
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have four BX25s.

I have shot all four through two separate 10/22s, at least five or six full loads through each mag through each weapon and I have not had a single failure of any kind.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    The lack of quality mags is what made me sell my 10/22 years ago. Also I was never as fond of it as most people are. Perhaps this mag would have prevented me from doing that. Good thing I only have to go to my father in laws to try out the new mags in my old gun!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    No.

He believed that if he embraced the idea of a magazine limit, they would leave his guns alone in regards to the "assault weapons" bans that were gaining momentum at the time.

In California, the detachable magazine Mini 14 is still legal for sale, while AR15's, HK93's, and other virtually identical functioning guns are not, so he wasn't completely wrong.

Bill Ruger may have been self serving when it came to protecting his company's products, but attempts to spin him as somehow personally "anti gun" are off base.

Uh, yes he did and he even wrote a letter to congress to that effect! You may feel warm and fuzzy thinking of "ban-'em-Bill" as an astute businessman that seen the writing on the wall and aligned himself into a position that would benefit himself and his company. The picture of Bill Ruger Sr. in my mind is more akin to Judas, Brutus, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Senator Murtha, all quislings and traitors that are willing to sell out their own for their own personal advances! It was for this very reason I never bought a new Ruger between the time he sold out to the time his soul was sent to the 9th level of hell for his treason! However, these days I have no problems buying a Ruger ever since Bill assumed room temperature.
    Getting back on topic though, I bought a couple of their new magazines and I love them. Very well built, you can take them apart for cleaning and I have found them to be every bit as reliable as the 10 round rotary magazines. I got mine from a gun store in Georgia on the way back from Macon for $20 but around here in Florida, they have been running around $30 but I still may buy a couple more of them because they are that good!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast