Thread: AK47 Modstock Adapter

Feedback Score

AK47 Modstock Adapter

I am interested in getting one of these for my Saiga rifle. I posted this thread in the manufacturing forum but I did not get an answer so I thought I would ask the community if anyone knew anything about whether or not Vltor is still making these? Most sites including Vltor themselves have them sold out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by csun_00 View Post
    I am interested in getting one of these for my Saiga rifle. I posted this thread in the manufacturing forum but I did not get an answer so I thought I would ask the community if anyone knew anything about whether or not Vltor is still making these? Most sites including Vltor themselves have them sold out.
    If you are talking about the adapter to allow a Mil-Spec AR stock to be mounted on an AK, yes they still make them.

I was looking for one 6 months ago and they were scarce then too. I emailed Vltor and they told me they were making them but it would be a month or 2 wait. In the meantime, I found one used on a forum. I would email Vltor and see what they say.

FYI - I like the adapter but it does add some weight. I added a CTR to mine. I get a nice cheekweld that is neither too high or low for use with irons or a micro mounted on a Ultimak. I got it specifically so I could shorten the LOP of my AK, but especially like the QD points on either side. Very good quality; remember to loctite the screws. I didn't before my first test to decide if I liked it or not and they started to loosen. Post loctite it is solid. Good part but you have to weigh (no pun intended) if it adds anything for the cost of some ounces.

Feedback Score
    Yes, they still make them, but hey sell them as fast as they can make them. Patience and websites with wait lists will get results.

Feedback Score
    I got mine from Element Arms. The guy had two left when I called. He said they only last a day or two once the shipment came in.

I highly recommend it. It makes the rifle fit you so much better. At first I wished I had gotten a SGL31 with a folding stock, but now I'm glad I didn't since I installed the Vltor adapter. In my opinion, it's one of three very necessary upgrades:

US Palm pistol grip
    Krebs Custom selector lever
    Vltor adapter tube / Modstock buttstock

I would also suggest the US Palm dedicated optic rail and the TD rail covers. They keep your fingers from being burned as well as provide a bunch of essential "rail estate".

[IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I run one on my highly mod'd 74... I love it , nice and solid. I run it with a ctr to keep the weight down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by standsalone; 05-28-11 at 16:13.
    Thanks,

Travis
    TF 2-13 Al Qaeda Hunt Club '03-'07

ruck up and drive on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9ro...layer_embedded