Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accuracy Issues w/ Carbon 15 Rifle?

Feedback Score
    The takedown pins are in unique places so there is no changing receivers with this one. Thanks for the reply though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneinWI View Post
    The takedown pins are in unique places so there is no changing receivers with this one. Thanks for the reply though.
    That is what is going to kill you.
    All these unique non standard parts. If its not something simple like re-crowning the barrel for example and you have to start swapping parts then you will be better off cutting your loses.
    Also since it seems that not to many people have one it going to be hard to find good information about them.

Feedback Score
    Well if you won't sell it, perhaps it will work well as a garden stake.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yes, it has the removable brake. I shot w/o it without any improvement. I talked to a guy at Bushmaster about designs who said that wasn't the best idea. Not sure why. The upper receiver has a slide on rail which attaches w/ a single screw. He said actually that is a good system. Bushmaster has improved the design to work the bugs out since Professional Ordinance built them. The design must have had advantages to some as they are still building the rifles.
    The allen screw was alittle loose on mine so I drilled and tapped it for a larger screw which made things really tight.
    The trigger was a full 10# pull before I had a smith clean it up to a clean 3 1/2#'s. Always thought that was the problem, but no.
    I read somewhere that if x-rayed only the bolt and barrel show up as the rest of the rifle is carbon. Which is kind of neat, but not real usefull to us good guys.
    Duh! That's what I get for trying to post right before bed!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's what Bushmaster suggested. But are the issues in the barrel or the carbon receiver design? Any advantage to removing and reinstalling the barrel? I have no idea if it's ever been off, but I doubt it's ever been messed with.
    Is anything cracked? Like the area toward the front of the upper receiver, maybe below the ejection port, near the front takedown lug? Can you cause the barrel to move within the upper receiver by twisting it? How is the barrel attached? Does it use a standard barrel nut? Is the barrel nut properly torqued?

Bottom line, due to proprietary parts and poor materials, you're probably screwed, especially if BM isn't supporting them any longer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123