Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Colt QC problems.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Interesting Colt QC problems.

We had a customer bring in a Colt 6920 still in the box that he purchased from Walmart earlier today that he wants us to hydro dip and cerakote.

As I was detail stripping everything I happened to notice that the end plate was on backwards, as in the bump was on the outside of the receiver. No big deal as it is an easy fix. So i continue on disassembling the rifle i notice the front take down pin is loose and can rotate side to side. I carefully remove the pin and sure enough there is no detent at all, just the spring. I happen to have a parts bin full of them so no worries.

Now I am by no way a Colt hater, I have 2 6920's at home in my safe that I completely trust. I also understand that the industry has seen an incredible demand and Colt puts out more rifles than most. I am just a little surprised that this rifle slipped past their QC department.

I guess the morale of the story is inspect everything before you buy it, no matter what logo is stamped on the side.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-07-13 at 18:06.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Sacrilege!!! Heresy!!!... you shall pay for your insolence Sir!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Shit happens. Even BMW turns out a lemon now and then.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    you going to charge the guy for it? being nothing major, id fix it and let it slide... and charge colt haha

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I have an older 6920 that has the endplate on backwards. No ofher issues however.

Feedback Score
    A late Friday afternoon build no doubt.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Good thing you caught that. A lot of gun shops would not have any clue about that, or even know what they were seeing.

Did you take a moment to make note of the serial number and send it to Colt? I bet they would love to start hunting down their QC paperwork for that particular carbine, and see what improvements they can make.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Shit happens. Even BMW turns out a lemon now and then.
    Absolutely, everyone misses things from time to time. It's just more surprising to see it happen with Colt vs Brand X. Now if it was a KAC or Noveske then Hell has frozen over and the apocalypse is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    you going to charge the guy for it? being nothing major, id fix it and let it slide... and charge colt haha
    No charge for such a small thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Good thing you caught that. A lot of gun shops would not have any clue about that, or even know what they were seeing.

Did you take a moment to make note of the serial number and send it to Colt? I bet they would love to start hunting down their QC paperwork for that particular carbine, and see what improvements they can make.
    I did send off an email with the finding to Colt. It will be interesting to see what happens if anything at all.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-07-13 at 18:34.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This is always a good idea. Most companies genuinely do try to make a good product, but they can be entirely in the dark if their consumers aren't vocal about their products and giving them feedback on what they can change and improve.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i hope you added pics!! they dont lie!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast