Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matech BUIS

Feedback Score

Matech BUIS

When I bought my Colt 6920 it already had a Matech 600 rear sight installed. I attempted to remove it this afternoon and the lock screw wouldn't move and head felt like it started to strip so I stopped the attempt. My question is does this rear sight take a special tool to install and remove. The lock screw looks like a torqz screw (forgive spelling) or an allen head and neaither seems to work, I don't want to damage it. I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by mag318; 06-08-11 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Yeah it uses either a 1/8th hex bit or a T-15 torx bit. I would assume it was locktited in at the factory so unless you see any visible stripping of the screw head, I would just keep cranking.

If you interested in getting rid of the sight, I would be glad to take it off your hands.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I'll try one of those bits.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Use some heat

Sometimes these companies use so much loctite it's a pain to break off. So long as there's no plastic around (def remove any optics you have on it) use a hand held torch to slowly heat the nut and break the seal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The factory screw uses an 1/3 Allen head. It has an oversized head, but thin body, which tends to promote over torqing because the size of the Allen key used.

If you do snap the mounting screw as some of us have, we do make an improved bracket/screw retrofit kit for the Matech BUIS

The screw is rated Grade 8 plus, for reference, the gas key on the bolt carrier is rated Grade 8. The factory screw has some thread locker already applied, it's typically good for 3 to 4 screwing/unscrewing then a new drop of thread locker needs to be applied.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    There goes my shot to buy it cheap.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the replies, I did get it off with the appropriate size allen wrench.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have a good fix for that little lock tab that holds the sight in the stowed position? Mine flips up when I drop the bolt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I thin Harv (not sure if he's on this board, he's on TOS and lightfighters) used a drift punch and created another "tab" to friction lock it, when the original one got worn out...
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Does anyone have a good fix for that little lock tab that holds the sight in the stowed position? Mine flips up when I drop the bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I thin Harv (not sure if he's on this board, he's on TOS and lightfighters) used a drift punch and created another "tab" to friction lock it, when the original one got worn out...
    Take a punch and peen the detent back into form with sufficient intrusion to engage the upright. Works like a charm.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast