Thread: Industry Guys - Some Requests (Mil)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Industry Guys - Some Requests (Mil)

I know a lot of tactical gear industry guys read this, so I would like to share some requests.

These items would be greatly appreciated by the TACP, CCT, ANGLCO, JFO, and 13F communities IMO.

- For the love of god, somebody make a high speed DAGR pouch. Something like the Emdom GPS pouch but big enough for the DAGR. If it could hold the GPS in a "fold out" style like that and facilitate LRF cables being connected without removing it, that would be great.

- In addition to that, pouches specific to observer type gear. Various IZLIDs, the handheld laser target marker, that god-forsaken SWC, PLRF-15C, etc... While I'm not going to run half that shit on my kit, I may want it on the outside of my pack rather than in the abyss of MREs and spare batteries. If some one did want to run it on their kit, gear that facilitates all of the cables that go with this equipment would be great.

- I want a commanders arm board that has like...pages. I don't need a fold out monstrosity, I just need something to write as I'm walking, and when I fill up a page with grids to suspicious people that turn out to be kids playing soccer and fighter check-ins, I want to just "turn the page" by rolling it over my arm and have more space to write on. Figure out how to give me like 3 or 4 pages without it being some ridiculous contraption and we'l be BFFs.

- The assault packs that you think are radio friendly with all their individual antenna ports and such really aren't. Just give up and make a big velcro flap like the TT rucks. Those ports never line up with the radio and end up locking the antenna to the damn thing. I shouldn't need a pipe wrench to get my UHF antenna off.

- The 117G is here, and it's been here for a few years, but my only option is a $120 pouch from High Ground.

Thank you for your time.

Feedback Score
    OSOE makes a DAGR pouch. I have one on my rig, and it works great plus it has a lifetime warranty.

I'm a USMC 0861 artillery scout, so I understand your frustrations.

www.originalsoegear.com
    "If I charge, Follow me. If I Retreat, Kill me. If I Die, Revenge Me."
    LEO
    USMC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Tyr Tactical arm board has the detachable fold out portion, I wonder if they'd put Velcro on the other side of the rip-off section and sell more panels individually. Then it would be almost exactly like a book.

Sounds like you get to play with some fun toys. My pops was an A-10 driver and has an incredible amount of respect for what you guys do.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    And please make the arm-board compatible with map pens.
    I ruined two of them before I just had to give up on writing directly on them, which is not nearly as useful.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I ruined two of them before I just had to give up on writing directly on them, which is not nearly as useful.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Permanent map pen needs to come off with alcohol/eraser pen/hand sanitizer.

JohnnyC- Tell your dad he and his aircraft are equally appreciated

At the ready - I'll check that out, thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Do the standard .gov issue grease pencils not work well? I think I've got a gross of them lying around here and there. They work great on contact-paper covered topo maps.

J8127, message relayed.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Do the standard .gov issue grease pencils not work well? I think I've got a gross of them lying around here and there. They work great on contact-paper covered topo maps.
    Yeah, they're fine, but they aren't readily available and no one really uses them. They have a fat tip, which makes jotting on an arm-board sized panel silly, and they don't stand up that well to getting soked.

Really, everybody uses the Staedtler permanent alcohol pens, and before somebody asks; no, the non-permanent do not work.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I completely agree, also a decent pouch for the PFED, again, like the DAGR pouch, fold out, proper cable routing, all that good stuff. I would love a set up where everything is wired up and connected so I can use the PFED while its still in the pouch, connected to the radio, and be able to grab a cable from a side pouch or what have you and hook up to the Vector to lase a target and send the data off to higher.

Basically i want to be able to hook up, lase and send up the fire mission request in 30 seconds or less.

13F30 here, so the request is more for my Joes and not for myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Our JTAC/Fires suites all come with an assortment of pouches and carrying cases.

However, most of the stuff is odd shaped and best carried in something like a dump pouch.