Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good to know....safariland it is then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    ALS all the way.
    I agree. The Safariland ALS (6360) is the best duty holster that I have used. I highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-1 View Post
    I agree. The Safariland ALS (6360) is the best duty holster that I have used. I highly recommend it.
    I've got the same model, great holster.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the time being, can't find anything better form any holster maker than a 6360.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Go with the Safariland ALS. They have a dozen or so different configurations available. As a direct replacement for the SERPA CQC I would recommend the model #6377/6378
    I'm currently running the 6378 and I really like this holster as well. If retention is not a priority, I like my Raven Concealment Holsters just as much.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I am with you there man, it just ****ing blows me away these are not only still around but are as popular and vigorously defended as they are, I just don’t get it. I agree with your post above regarding ego/embarrassment being a major factor. Get over it people, these holsters are shit.
    I believe they continue to be popular due to them being pretty much standard issue to every member of the armed forces and a lot of LE. And their cheap. And people think Blackhawk is good.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    I believe they continue to be popular due to them being pretty much standard issue to every member of the armed forces and a lot of LE. And their cheap. And people think Blackhawk is good.
    And that's what blows my mind, the price gap isn't that drastic, unless you happen to be in procurement, in which case it would appear that you must pay for the lot out of salary.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know where Mr Hackathorn stands regarding serpas?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Does anyone know where Mr Hackathorn stands regarding serpas?
    100% against them.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I, along with many others I worked with used SERPA holsters...nary a problem. Gave me 3 years service in Iraq with no NDs. Thinking operator error over design.

+1 I don't own one but I've seen lots of pics from Iraq of our Elite forces using them, sooooo.

I do find it funny that there was one infamous "firearms instructor" who said that no Serpa holsters would be allowed in any of his classes until he became a big time BH dealer. Go fingure.

I wonder if 1911 users have problems with this holster? They have a safety on the pistol to disengage where other types of pistols don't.
    Last edited by highlighter; 09-06-11 at 22:22.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast