Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Doing ground work and literally ripping SERPAs off of students with my bare hands makes me happy.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Doing ground work and literally ripping SERPAs off of students with my bare hands makes me happy.
    Something I've not had happen to my Safariland, Raven or Cane and Derby holsters. All of which are more than affordable for a person looking at a SERPA. Good point, F2S. I forgot about ground drills and the struggle that ensues in the scramble for the blue gun. It's an eye opener for sure.
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    You mean like what happened to the SERPAs in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBEJ...eature=related
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    You mean like what happened to the SERPAs in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBEJ...eature=related
    Good post. I have seen those types of failures numerous times. As I stated earlier, the law enforcement academy where I taught previously and the one I'm at now will not allow those holsters through the door. Look carefully folks. If you're using this holster for your duty weapon or as a CCW rig, you're doing yourself a disservice. Start shopping for a replacement. The word has been out on these crappy holsters for years. I can't believe the conversation continues.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWulf View Post
    The word has been out on these crappy holsters for years. I can't believe the conversation continues.
    I am with you there man, it just ****ing blows me away these are not only still around but are as popular and vigorously defended as they are, I just don’t get it. I agree with your post above regarding ego/embarrassment being a major factor. Get over it people, these holsters are shit.

Feedback Score
    I have never had a problem with my SERPA locking up, but I have to say the way to release the gun is counter intuitive. After not using the SERPA for a while it took me several seconds to get my mind together and figure out how to draw from it - luckily this was range time.

Time to look for something else.

Can someone summarize the available holster choices that come with a lock?

We got:
    • Safariland ALS
    • 5.11 Thumb drive
    • What else?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Go with the Safariland ALS. They have a dozen or so different configurations available. As a direct replacement for the SERPA CQC I would recommend the model #6377/6378

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ALS all the way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another vote for the ALS. It is available in a myriad of configurations and it's built well.

Feedback Score
    FYI - Serpa holsters are no longer authorized in my classes

I am in Pittsburgh this weekend ( July 9-10) and these classes will be the last with Serpas allowed as the students did not get the word in time to change - I have 3 LE students in the class with them

I am not the first to ban them (Gunsite already has) and I am sure I will not be the last

Please pass the word to anyone planning on attending one of my classes in the future

Be safe

LAV

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast