Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by highlighter View Post
    +1 I don't own one but I've seen lots of pics from Iraq of our Elite forces using them, sooooo.
    This is meaningless. As was said earlier, the word is out on them and they're garbage. Anyone who's carrying one likely has not seen them fail. If they did, they'd look for something else. I've seen so many of them fail catastrophically it's not even funny. One had to be broken apart to get the gun out. I've seen them ripped off belts with ease and I've seen the button jammed with debris and fail to disengage. You ought to talk to some attendees of a SouthNarc class and see how often these things get ripped off belts and broken. Just because it's issued or has a GSA number, doesn't make it a smart thing to carry. They are junk and there are far better holsters in their price range that won't fail so easily.
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great thread! I've used a serpa maybe twice, and I can't stand it. They're flimsy and I always worry about squeezing so hard to get the button released on my draw that I'm going to pull the trigger on the draw stroke. I love my 6378 and use it daily. Safariland for the win!

Feedback Score
    Carried a Beretta 92FS in one decocked, safety off for about a year. Shot IDPA on average of probably once a month with it, as did a lot of other people. Practiced drawing, firing, etc. with it at least weekly.

Never did shoot myself, but then again I don't pull the trigger when it's pointed at my leg so that may have been a key factor.

I've read all the hatred of it on the internet- don't really care. It works for me and I like it. I removed the tension screw so it is retained by the SERPA lock only- makes it really smooth to draw and holster.

If they made one for the FNP-9, I'd get one- for now, though, it resides in a Desantis kydex paddle holster. (I really like that one.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's a few for all of you people who "don't care" about whether this holster is a piece of shit or not. If you want to play shooting games at the range with it, fine. Hope it works for you. If you're using it for duty, you're nuts.

SouthNarc:

http://bcove.me/gi9dsujh

Got snow in your AO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxpXU...layer_embedded
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From a newb...

Thank you Grant. I had literally purchased the Serpa about 3 days before I read your post. I promptly returned it and bought a Safariland ALS for my Glock 26. A world of difference. I can't believe the difference in quality and function. The Serpa is incredibly low quality - I just never would have been aware.

This is exactly the purpose of sites like this. I appreciate your time and advice very much. Cheers...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Sometimes things get a little overblown when it comes to holsters and such. When it comes to the Serpa they are pieces of shit and shouldn't be considered for serious use.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have been tasked with compiling a list of all schools and ranges that have banned the Serpa Holster. Any help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen broken trigger guards on HK P2000s from these holsters.

So if it hasn't been mentioned there is one more reason to hate the things.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sone View Post
    I have been tasked with compiling a list of all schools and ranges that have banned the Serpa Holster. Any help is appreciated.
    Why would this info be needed?

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    From a newb...

Thank you Grant. I had literally purchased the Serpa about 3 days before I read your post. I promptly returned it and bought a Safariland ALS for my Glock 26. A world of difference. I can't believe the difference in quality and function. The Serpa is incredibly low quality - I just never would have been aware.

This is exactly the purpose of sites like this. I appreciate your time and advice very much. Cheers...
    You are welcome.

Two weeks ago, I had an experienced LE guy tell me that he nearly shot himself with his Serpa (ND). Was attempting to remove the weapon from the holster and it was stuck. So he pushed harder on the button which in turn put his finger in the PERFECT position to enter into the triggerguard.

People can choose to look at the Serpa in two different ways. It is a "training issue" with the holster OR that the holster sets the shooter up for failure and it is just a matter of time before they shoot themselves.

The more we are around guns, the more chances we have at getting shot. I personally do not want anything that helps with this.

YMMV.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 09-27-11 at 10:15.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast