Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Left

I was at our indoor here locally and a couple of "younger" maybe 21-23 y/o were taking turns quick drawing from a Serpa. I noticed this as I walked to my lane. Decided rather than let them know this was an accident looking for a place to happen. I promptly exited, told the RO who was on that shift. He looks at me and slyly moves his look a like "members only" jacket to the side and displays... a Serpa. I shook my head, went to the counter, got a refund and then stated I wouldn't be renewing my annual membership.

Was a decent indoor, but the former owner died last month and the son sold it so he could "find himself". I think once word gets out business will decline and the only customers will be ninjas' in ACU's.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Seriously?

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    I shook my head, went to the counter, got a refund and then stated I wouldn't be renewing my annual membership.
    You quit a range because someone was using a Serpa? Other than the "quick draw" (which most people like to practice) were they doing anything else unsafe?

If I ran from Serpas I'd have no where to shoot.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by 5cary View Post
    You quit a range because someone was using a Serpa? Other than the "quick draw" (which most people like to practice) were they doing anything else unsafe?

If I ran from Serpas I'd have no where to shoot.
    Yes, when a RO I have never seen before and don't know his background looks like a deer in headlights and basically dismisses my concerns for safety, esp. in regards to 2 kids playing Combat Carl grab ass jeopardizing my safety and others by passing a loaded firearm back and forth without regard. YES! My safety and business are best served elsewhere.
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 09-27-11 at 11:24.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Combat Carl grab ass
    Roger that. "Combat Carl grab ass" differs greatly from "taking turns quick drawing from a Serpa". If they were passing a loaded firearm back and forth then I would have left as well.

Keeping on subject here, at what point should you feel a piece of equipment is so unsafe that not only won't you use it, but you won't even stay on a range with someone else using it.

From your description above, can I assume that you would have left the range if they were using an ALS instead?
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Well..

Regardless of what holster they had, I would have left. The fact that I decided to cancel my membership was based on the RO I didn't know and his apparent apathy regarding safety concerns of patrons. But yeah, the Serpa holsters that ACU ninjas had and the RO was just ****ing icing that assured me that I needed to un-ass the area never to return.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Why would this info be needed?

C4
    Because we are trying to do away with them as duty holsters and we need all the ammo we can get

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    FPF Training.

Larry Vickers.

Todd Greene, with a pass given to those whose agency issues it to them.

Gunsite, if I recall correctly, but it may just be that they find it undesirable due to clearly demonstrated lock-up problems (which is why I hate them), and is not specifically forbidden.

There's others, that's what jumps up immediately.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sone View Post
    Because we are trying to do away with them as duty holsters and we need all the ammo we can get

I am in a similar position. We have Serpas approved for our off duty/low profile carry rigs. When I recently sent an e-mail informing members of the firearms committee a note stating we should look at reevaluting our approved holsters, a shit storm broke out! I was told that Serpas are fine and that if we listened to forum posters nothing would ever be approved.

Now we are finally getting our issued Tasers with....Serpa holsters. And I am going to beat the drum again. Any name credibility helps...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sone View Post

I am in a similar position. We have Serpa's approved for our off duty/low profile carry rigs. When I recently sent an e-mail informing members of the firearms committee stating we should look at reevaluating our approved holsters, a shit storm broke out! I was told that Serpa's are fine and that if we listened to forum posters nothing would ever be approved.

Now we are finally getting our issued Tasers with....Serpa holsters. And I am going to beat the drum again. Any name credibility helps...
    Last edited by monkeywrencher; 10-03-11 at 21:52.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast