Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    HIJACK

Does Safariland make a line of holsters for multiple platforms that are recommended replacements for the Serpa? Or does any other company? Preferably with a QD setup so that multiple weapons could mount on the same rig?

Are there any kydex holsters with at least some kind of active retention?

HIJACK
    Yep. They offer the QLS (Quick Locking System): http://www.safariland.com/Dutygear/duty/qls.aspx that can be configured to mount on various different platforms. I would suggest any one of their 6300 series "ALS" holsters as a far superior replacement for the SERPA. I run the open top 6325: http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/p....aspx?pid=6325

Feedback Score
    I honestly appreciate everyone's knowledge, experience, and research on this subject. I work for an organization that guards bad people and I and all the other guards are armed. That being said 99% of us are using the SERPA as our duty holster. I have read this thread hoping that during so, information of what is a good retention holster would be shared. I have read all the info and negative statements and will take all/most of it to heart, but it would be very helpful that along with the negative there may be some recommendations as well.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Grant,

Could you recommend a good retention holster that is molle compatible? I too wear mine up on my kit and have seen the SERPA as the only option. As for its use, I'm a PL in a light infantry company and it will serve to retain my secondary in Afghanistan. Earlier in a post you said you understood them on plate carriers but I still feel like I'm tempting fate and felt dirty when I bought it to begin with do to the chance the locking tab can get jammed. If I am firing my M4 then its a bad day, and if I need to go to the M9 its a REALLY bad day and is no time to find out just how much the SERPA really sucks donkey balls.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scouts out View Post
    I honestly appreciate everyone's knowledge, experience, and research on this subject. I work for an organization that guards bad people and I and all the other guards are armed. That being said 99% of us are using the SERPA as our duty holster. I have read this thread hoping that during so, information of what is a good retention holster would be shared. I have read all the info and negative statements and will take all/most of it to heart, but it would be very helpful that along with the negative there may be some recommendations as well.

Thank you

my$.02

-Safariland
    -Viking Tactics uses/sells the 5.11 thumb drive holster.

I am sure there are others...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not to hijack this thread some more but the Safariland ALS works great. I used to run a 5187 for USPSA Production class for my XD and found it to be a great holster. When I got my M&P (after getting rid of the XD) I couldn't get a 5187 so I purchased a 6377 knowing about the retention. I had no problems adjusting to it and it didn't slow down my draw. I've used it in a pistol class and numerous matches over the last year and have since purchased another my G17 I liked it so much. Hijack over...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    HIJACK

Does Safariland make a line of holsters for multiple platforms that are recommended replacements for the Serpa? Or does any other company? Preferably with a QD setup so that multiple weapons could mount on the same rig?

HIJACK
    This may be what you are looking for. I dumped my drop leg serpa for this drop leg, with the option to go regular belt or molle. http://www.tacticalholsters.com/prod...I/XST-RTI.html
    Last edited by mattexass; 06-13-11 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am looking for a safariland, and I am glad they make accesories for carrying it on my belt, a duty belt, or molle. My problem is that I am ditching my glock 19 and I will be carrying a cz75 If I can get a retention holster for it. Safariland makes these for cz75s, but they are hard to find.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I have personally heard/seen Kyle DeFoor give a lecture and illustration of why a Serpa is not a good idea. This was echoed by several former Tier 1 guys. More than a few guys in the class were not pleased to learn part of their kit was shit.
    LOL, I was in Stony Smith's (Paragon 6) pistol class this past Sunday. And as he was covering gear he asked "Who here is using a Serpa"?
    3 people raised their hands and he proceeded to, *eh-hum*, "politely" inform them that the Serpas were POS.

I have heard that before (in forums) but to actually hear a quality instructor say it was priceless.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    HIJACK

HIJACK
    Check out G-Code adapters.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If you want a bail on the holster, go with a Safariland 6004. I have used the spring-driven thumb release holsters and they have many more issues than the simple, effective 6004.
    If you want a blazing fast draw, with active retention, go with an ALS from Safariland.
    If you don't need retention, there are a ton of decent holster makers out there.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast