Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Doing ground work and literally ripping SERPAs off of students with my bare hands makes me happy.
    Jack Leuba
    Military/Government Product Liaison
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Director of Training

Jack@F2SConsulting.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC
    As accurate as needed, as fast as possible, as many times as it takes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Doing ground work and literally ripping SERPAs off of students with my bare hands makes me happy.
    Something I've not had happen to my Safariland, Raven or Cane and Derby holsters. All of which are more than affordable for a person looking at a SERPA. Good point, F2S. I forgot about ground drills and the struggle that ensues in the scramble for the blue gun. It's an eye opener for sure.
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    You mean like what happened to the SERPAs in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBEJ...eature=related
    Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    You mean like what happened to the SERPAs in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBEJ...eature=related
    Good post. I have seen those types of failures numerous times. As I stated earlier, the law enforcement academy where I taught previously and the one I'm at now will not allow those holsters through the door. Look carefully folks. If you're using this holster for your duty weapon or as a CCW rig, you're doing yourself a disservice. Start shopping for a replacement. The word has been out on these crappy holsters for years. I can't believe the conversation continues.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWulf View Post
    The word has been out on these crappy holsters for years. I can't believe the conversation continues.
    I am with you there man, it just ****ing blows me away these are not only still around but are as popular and vigorously defended as they are, I just donít get it. I agree with your post above regarding ego/embarrassment being a major factor. Get over it people, these holsters are shit.

Feedback Score
    I have never had a problem with my SERPA locking up, but I have to say the way to release the gun is counter intuitive. After not using the SERPA for a while it took me several seconds to get my mind together and figure out how to draw from it - luckily this was range time.

Time to look for something else.

Can someone summarize the available holster choices that come with a lock?

We got:
    • Safariland ALS
    • 5.11 Thumb drive
    • What else?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Go with the Safariland ALS. They have a dozen or so different configurations available. As a direct replacement for the SERPA CQC I would recommend the model #6377/6378

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ALS all the way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another vote for the ALS. It is available in a myriad of configurations and it's built well.

Feedback Score
    FYI - Serpa holsters are no longer authorized in my classes

I am in Pittsburgh this weekend ( July 9-10) and these classes will be the last with Serpas allowed as the students did not get the word in time to change - I have 3 LE students in the class with them

I am not the first to ban them (Gunsite already has) and I am sure I will not be the last

Please pass the word to anyone planning on attending one of my classes in the future

Be safe

LAV

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good to know....safariland it is then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    ALS all the way.
    I agree. The Safariland ALS (6360) is the best duty holster that I have used. I highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-1 View Post
    I agree. The Safariland ALS (6360) is the best duty holster that I have used. I highly recommend it.
    I've got the same model, great holster.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the time being, can't find anything better form any holster maker than a 6360.
    Train at the speed of a gunfight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Go with the Safariland ALS. They have a dozen or so different configurations available. As a direct replacement for the SERPA CQC I would recommend the model #6377/6378
    I'm currently running the 6378 and I really like this holster as well. If retention is not a priority, I like my Raven Concealment Holsters just as much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I am with you there man, it just ****ing blows me away these are not only still around but are as popular and vigorously defended as they are, I just donít get it. I agree with your post above regarding ego/embarrassment being a major factor. Get over it people, these holsters are shit.
    I believe they continue to be popular due to them being pretty much standard issue to every member of the armed forces and a lot of LE. And their cheap. And people think Blackhawk is good.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    I believe they continue to be popular due to them being pretty much standard issue to every member of the armed forces and a lot of LE. And their cheap. And people think Blackhawk is good.
    And that's what blows my mind, the price gap isn't that drastic, unless you happen to be in procurement, in which case it would appear that you must pay for the lot out of salary.
    Jack Leuba
    Military/Government Product Liaison
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Director of Training

Jack@F2SConsulting.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC
    As accurate as needed, as fast as possible, as many times as it takes.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know where Mr Hackathorn stands regarding serpas?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Does anyone know where Mr Hackathorn stands regarding serpas?
    100% against them.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I, along with many others I worked with used SERPA holsters...nary a problem. Gave me 3 years service in Iraq with no NDs. Thinking operator error over design.

+1 I don't own one but I've seen lots of pics from Iraq of our Elite forces using them, sooooo.

I do find it funny that there was one infamous "firearms instructor" who said that no Serpa holsters would be allowed in any of his classes until he became a big time BH dealer. Go fingure.

I wonder if 1911 users have problems with this holster? They have a safety on the pistol to disengage where other types of pistols don't.
    Last edited by highlighter; 09-06-11 at 22:22.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast