Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I’d like to thank Tex for his selfless sacrifice and demonstrating why he Blackhawk Serpa sucks.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-04-11 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    Saw this one regarding "weapon retention drill" exercises as explained by the officer. Video appears to have been uploaded March 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBEJvMZ_f4
    Last edited by CLHC; 07-04-11 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok, I guess it's time to ditch the serpa. I'm slowly upgrading from uninformed purchases I made in the past. I'm planning on a ravens concealment holster for daily use but for now I'm looking at a simple belt retention holster for my riggers belt just to be used at the range for my m&p9. I was considering a fobus but it seems they have issues also. Any suggestions appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp45 View Post
    Ok, I guess it's time to ditch the serpa. I'm slowly upgrading from uninformed purchases I made in the past. I'm planning on a ravens concealment holster for daily use but for now I'm looking at a simple belt retention holster for my riggers belt just to be used at the range for my m&p9. I was considering a fobus but it seems they have issues also. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Fobus sucks ass. Save the 20 bucks and put it toward a Raven.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Safariland ALS. A terrific, high-quality holster.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Maybe opt for the safariland als for now. I have an uncle mikes 2" rigger's belt. Certainly a reasonable cost. If anyone has a better source, I'm open for suggestions.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safarila...7-219-411.html

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by jmp45; 07-05-11 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Maybe opt for the safariland als for now. I have an uncle mikes 2" rigger's belt. Certainly a reasonable cost. If anyone has a better source, I'm open for suggestions.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safarila...7-219-411.html

Thanks guys.
    Opticsplanet is good-to-go. Just call them with the exact part# to confirm that they have it in-stock before you order.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks Nick, it's back ordered. Shouldn't take them too long to restock. Goodbye serpa.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny86 View Post
    Man, that video really puts it into perspective. Actually seeing it happen.
    That guy shouldn't serve as evidence for anything...except for what happens when you mix stupid with dangerous.

You can't use this as an example of the SERPA causing a problem. Clearly the problem exists with this loser. That he was wearing a SERPA when he shot himself is irrelevant.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's completely irrelevant to SERPA apologists whose delusion is bolstered by stating it as such. That said, even where it IS relevant, it's only one of several factors. I personally have far less of a problem with the release and how its actuated than I do with how easily it's jammed up, but it's also not the most sensible arrangement from a work-flow perspective.

"We want you to move that finger in X way to start the process of drawing, but you have to make sure it stays in Y position for a moment, then you re-initiate moving it in the exact same X-way to shoot the gun." Given that there's ways to take the trigger finger out of the equation of the draw in its entirety, it's ill-advised; presumes too much unconscious control on the part of the user. Definitely something that can be attenuated and almost completely eliminated through proper training, but we all know that there are those that are as resistant to that as there are infections resistant to antibiotics.

Does the release CAUSE NDs? Nah, no more than pencils cause misspellings.

Is the release a potential failure point, an open door for those with shitty technique to stumble through? Yeah, in precisely the same way that those that still design and produce holsters in which the trigger guard isn't covered. It's a mechanical aspect that allows for a way higher possibility of a procedural error....which is in no way unique to a lot of stuff out there.

The only thing clear in that video is that the argument will continue to rage. To me, cross-decking between holsters that have completely different functions to release is "clearly" the culprit...here we are back to people and their shitty decision loops...but even that's faceted enough to not warrant "clearlies" being tossed hither and yon.

Perspective matters. Hell, that cat's hat gives me all sorts of clues as to the way he wargames decisions in his head; clues that would make me inclined to disregard 70% of anything he had to say that didn't involve ATVs and Lone Star beer....and that doesn't make me right...so there's no One Right Way to look at anything we see in that video.

Whatever; the dude knows, at some level, that he's gonna take shit, and still put the vid up there in a "lessons-learned" effort. Not everybody would do that, so I have to hand him some credit.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast