Page 325 of 366 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    Grabbed another 500rds of .223 to add to the reserve since it was in stock and at a very good price, other then that we are finally planning are move out of a shit house urban city heading north bound to a state were the nearest neighbor is a few miles down the road.

Its been a long time coming but I should be living the dream in less then a year.
    Congrats!

This is, for now on our longterm ( ) list . . .

Scored another 300 rounds of .22lr, local WM got in 100rnd boxes of Winchester HPs for $5.97 a box. I was the first one their by chance as they were unloading the truck. There was a line behind me and I'm sure even with the 3 box limit they sold out in mere minutes.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-22-14 at 15:48.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got 4 Lifestraws in the mail today. For $17.99 shipped apiece through amazon, they will be great additions to my bags. They filter better than the Katadyns that I looked into, filter more water per unit, and are much more inexpensive. The only downside is that you have to use them as a straw, you can't filter mass amounts of water at one time. However, I bought some of the purification tablets to serve that purpose.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's a good price. Never seen them that low. Been wanting to grab a couple for some time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver2334 View Post
    I got 4 Lifestraws in the mail today. For $17.99 shipped apiece through amazon, they will be great additions to my bags. They filter better than the Katadyns that I looked into, filter more water per unit, and are much more inexpensive. The only downside is that you have to use them as a straw, you can't filter mass amounts of water at one time. However, I bought some of the purification tablets to serve that purpose.
    Yup, you really can't be the price/quality/application, compared to many other options for getting clean water. If you decide to buy, they are MUCH bigger than you expect. I didn't look at the dimensions when I bought them, I assumed they were relatively small given the "straw" component of the name, but I was wrong!

With that being said, they are so huge that it would be a nuisiance, just bigger than I expected! They also come with an attached rope to wear around your neck.

Feedback Score
    350 rounds of CCI blazer brass in plastic ammo box ..... .29/round

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Bad news never gets better with age.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This week with all the Russian import restrictions I've been busy tying up some loose ends.

Picked up 15 Izhmash Steel 47 and 3 Izhmash Plum 74 mags.

2 cases of Tula 8M3, 150 rnds of Tula 122 gr hp's, 500 rnds of Brown bear, and 750 rnds of 5.45.

Throw in a 50rnd box of AE 22lr for shits and giggles and it's been a good week.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    Haven't posted in awhile. So far today got a few boxes of out the house for good will. Slowly downsize our crap in preparation for possible joining the tiny house movement.

Yesterday got two 2G wireless communication panels from work, but rumor is 2G will be obsolete 30 September. So I'll probably just use the boxes and attena's for antenna's for something in the future.

Lately been trying to use more coupons to save cash. Also trying to get as much scrap metal from work as possible to turn in for a probably very small amount of cash, but ever bit helps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been putting together bags for my wifes car and my car. I am also stacking up on medication in the bags along with defense items, change of clothes, food & other essential things. Living in L.A. makes it difficult to prepare but I am figuring out some ways that i'll post later.
    Last edited by X-man2112; 09-01-14 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    The garden is beginning to give us the good stuff. Tomatoes are finally coming in in quantity and the fresh salsa and bruschetta is divine.

On a storage note though, the 2 cucumber plants have been over-achievers and we our consumption is not keeping up. So, today I tried making pickles for the first time. A friend recommended Ball brand pickle spice mix. I put 5 quarts of pickles in the fridge just a few minutes ago. My 5 year old daughter helped me with the whole process with great interest and excitement. I hope to experiment with long term shelf stable pickles that are canned in hot water bath in the future. My friend said that when they've done that version of the recipe it has invariably turned out mushy while the "fridge pickles" were consistently crispy and tasty. I'll continue to research how to make shelf safe pickles like Claussen brand dill pickles as they are the only ones worth eating.

While I was pickling today I took the event as an opportunity to buy a few extra canning lids of both sizes. It never sucks to have fresh lids ready.

I just drained and refilled my 250 gallon potable water storage tank today.

I've been doing a fair amount of dry firing the pistolas lately too.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    I bought a 12-volt fan that will operate off my little 10-watt solar panel. At least I can stay cool during a power outage.

Page 325 of 366 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast