Page 326 of 366 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I took the plunge into night vision. Got a PVS14 and a DBL-D2 for my go to 12.5. Next on the list is the new PEQ-15 CIV legal IR laser from TNVC. I also think I will get a PVS-22 for my SPR. I also need to get another pair of NODs for my wife.....but that I a lot of money and and it is going to take some time for the next three items.

This was a major item that I was lacking.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm buying more ammo and I'm going to start getting some tac training going with some of my boys from my old unit.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I took the plunge into night vision. Got a PVS14 and a DBL-D2 for my go to 12.5. Next on the list is the new PEQ-15 CIV legal IR laser from TNVC. I also think I will get a PVS-22 for my SPR. I also need to get another pair of NODs for my wife.....but that I a lot of money and and it is going to take some time for the next three items.

This was a major item that I was lacking.
    I have had very good luck filling this need via EE's on various forums. I have been fortunate to receive excellent quality items at a decent discount over retail. In fact, every time I lose patience waiting and pick-up something from TNVC, I see the same item on an EE for less. It pays to be picky, however, and not throw your money at just any item that is offered for sale.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I have had very good luck filling this need via EE's on various forums. I have been fortunate to receive excellent quality items at a decent discount over retail. In fact, every time I lose patience waiting and pick-up something from TNVC, I see the same item on an EE for less. It pays to be picky, however, and not throw your money at just any item that is offered for sale.
    I know...That is where I got my DBL-D2...Great deal and after forking out the cash for the PVS-14 I really did not have the funds for an IR laser......ended up working out a trade that we were both very happy with.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Bought my daughter a Kahr CW9 and a box of ammo for practice before her CCW class in a few weeks. Picked up more 5.56 ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Picked up some HTI water purification systems, great for BOBs . Also installed a rain barrell, want to get one more. It will be great to use for wateri the garden as well as a back up drinking water system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd thought that all the dollars and time spent fixing up a rainwater collections system was just wasted, finally paid off since south Texas FINALLY got some rain..9.5 inches last Friday and Saturday!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver2334 View Post
    Yup, you really can't be the price/quality/application, compared to many other options for getting clean water. If you decide to buy, they are MUCH bigger than you expect. I didn't look at the dimensions when I bought them, I assumed they were relatively small given the "straw" component of the name, but I was wrong!

With that being said, they are so huge that it would be a nuisiance, just bigger than I expected! They also come with an attached rope to wear around your neck.
    You can beat them...both for the money, versatility, lifespan, and filtering performance. I've even seen them at Walmart.

http://sawyer.com/products/type/water-filtration/ It's THE filter you'll see thru-hikers using...particularly on the big western trails where water is a much bigger concern than the AT. 100,000 gallons for the mini and 1,000,000 gallons for the original which isn't much bigger.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    420 round ammo can of Federal XM193
    200 rounds of PMC .223
    100 rounds of 115 gr 9mm
    20 rounds of 124+P Speer Gold Dot (made my day, haven't seen this on the shelves in at least a year)
    100 rounds 230 gr 45 ACP

Another 5 MRE entrees

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Two level three ar500 plates and 1000 rounds of ammo for a upcoming cqb/small unit tactics class. Thankfully it is mostly with local like minded folks. So we'll have a small community of similarly trained, equipped and "mindseted" people.

Page 326 of 366 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast