Page 343 of 366 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    I have had .40S&W for a long time as well. Last week I got a M&P9 for my wife and she let me spend some time on the range with it last week. I can't help but feel the same as you. The recoil management is so much easier that my speed and groups were markedly better than with my .40's I've been shooting for a long time. Funding is kinda limited so I can't just switch wholesale over and I'm an eccentric ideologue in regards to never selling a firearm once I own it. The extra rounds in the magazines are nice too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I just picked up five Mec-Gar 15-round magazines for the Sig P228. I'm seriously considering switching from .40 S&W back to 9mm after about 9 years. The Mec-Gar mags are a great capacity upgrade from the standard Sig mags, and made by the same factory with the same level of quality.

That sounds like a great price. They seem to average in the high $50s to low $60s, which I think is still reasonable, but every little bit of savings helps. I need to start investing in this type of long shelf life food.

Dave
    My local Cabela's has the same MH buckets for . . . wait for it . . . $99!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Practiced my knife and tool sharpening technique by sharpening half a dozen kitchen, pocket, and fixed blade knives.

Turned over the reserve gas with fresh.

Ordered a better cleaning kit for my ARs and some dessicant for various storage containers.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reloaded a fair amount over the weekend.

500 Mk262 clones, 100 10mm, 40 .300 Wby and 50 .25-06.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm w/ BDC 800 for my .308 Savage Axis. Turrets are kinda fat, but they work well, and the image is very clear for the price. The mag ring is a bit stiff, but not so much as to make me pass up what I felt was a fair deal. I like the 16x top end too. I was concerned the ocular piece would not clear the bolt, but it fits perfect with the rings that came on the gun. (El-cheapo 3x9 going on my daughter's 10/22.) I mounted it as far back as I could due to the long action, (haven't got a one piece rail yet) and the eye relief was "spot on". Didn't expect that, but very happy. I got it used, (the guy said very little) but in absolutely perfect shape, with the box, all the factory papers, scope caps (the rear cover is thick, and touches the bolt, but does not keep it from operating) and ARD for $325.

It will be interesting to see how it shoots with the "spot on" software Nikon has for your smart phone.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 68W View Post
    I have had .40S&W for a long time as well. Last week I got a M&P9 for my wife and she let me spend some time on the range with it last week. I can't help but feel the same as you. The recoil management is so much easier that my speed and groups were markedly better than with my .40's I've been shooting for a long time. Funding is kinda limited so I can't just switch wholesale over and I'm an eccentric ideologue in regards to never selling a firearm once I own it. The extra rounds in the magazines are nice too.
    I'm the same way, in that I never part with anything - I think those major purchases through for months to make sure it's what I really need (want). In this case, it works out well, since I have several 9mm pistols to choose from. I always liked the P228, but I convinced myself that .40 was the way to go. With ballistic technology these days, 9mm is sufficient and provides the advantages of lower recoil and higher capacity, as you mentioned, plus being a more common round in a survival situation.

I'm looking at the Shield as an option for my wife and hope to try it out at some point, along with the M&P9 Compact.

Dave

Feedback Score
    Stopped by local indoor range yesterday, had about an hour before local dinner meeting a short drive away, shot 100 rds pistol left hand only, it was more embarrassing than humbling. Damn I need to practice ALOT more than I thought. Very upsetting :-(

Feedback Score
    Set the wheels in motion to pick myself up a decent little '79 CJ5. Love the old Jeeps, haven't had one in 30 years.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    eminently a good choice. Simple, rugged, easy to work on, plenty of parts.

Will jar your eye teeth out though with the ride...

I've always wanted one of the 1980 Scout II diesels.

Feedback Score
    My local AAFES BX has 15% off all Magpul shooting accessories. For some reason, the 30 round FDE PMAG M2's were $12.95 when all others were $14.95. They had two left on the shelf, so I gave them a new home for $11 each. Not the best price around, but no shipping or tax charges, and I was there anyway.

Page 343 of 366 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast