Page 336 of 366 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    My patriot supply has 72hr food kits on sale for 10$ but you have to call 800 490 9006. This is a limited offer not sure how long it will last.

Limit 3 or 4 pending who answers phone and free ship.
    Last edited by murphman; 05-21-15 at 19:54.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Had a Propper ACU in ATACS-FG delivered along with some Rail Rider VersaTAC pants. Haven't had any camouflage gear in some time but I am really dig'n the ATACS stuff.

For a long time I have put off the para-cord survival bracelet chalking them up to a fad. But finally came across one that grabbed my attention and designed by former SOF personnel, picked up one of these as well.

The RE Factor Tactical Operator Band is the first band designed to fit the mission needs of Special Operations Personnel. The Operator Band is not your typical paracord "survival" bracelet and is designed to give you components you could count on in need. Designed by a Special Forces S.E.R.E Level C graduate the components included in the Operator Band are designed to give you everything you need in a survival situation to include fire, food procurement and the building of shelter.

In addition each Operator Band comes with a hidden handcuff key in the buckle to allow the user to escape from illegal restraint. The hidden handcuff key can be removed multiple times for practice and the attached buckle allows the keys to be easily separated if needed. We use 80lb Test Braided Fishing Line which can double to make a snare or shelter. We include an 18" 45lb Test Snare Wire that comes with a coating making it water resistant. The end comes pre-looped for quick set up of the snare when needed. The attached fire starter is made of ferrocerium which burns at over 3000 degrees to help catch tinder on fire when needed.

We also offer an optional add-on Suunto Clipper Compass. The Suunto Clipper Compass offers an illuminating bezel, rotating declination dial and waterproof encasing. The compass can be easily removed and reattached to other items as needed. We chose the Suunto Clipper Compass due to its accurate design and ability to set declination for navigation both during the day and night.

•12' of 550 Paracord
    •30' of 80lb Test Spider Wire Fishing Line
    •Fishing Hook
    •18" of 45lb test Eagle Claw Snare Wire
    •P51 Can Opener
    •Flint Fire Starter
    •Hidden Handcuff Key Buckle
    •Suunto Clipper Compass (OPTIONAL)
    •Assembled in the USA
    http://www.refactortactical.com/operator-band/
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-22-15 at 05:41.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    What?

No bottle opener?

Sheesh!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    What?

No bottle opener?

Sheesh!
    IF you know how to use the can opener, it is a bottle opener.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    For a long time I have put off the para-cord survival bracelet chalking them up to a fad. But finally came across one that grabbed my attention and designed by former SOF personnel, picked up one of these as well.

http://www.refactortactical.com/operator-band/
    I've had this for a few months now, and love it. I recently added the key chain and like that much more for EDC .

http://www.refactortactical.com/survival-key-chain/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Ordered some veggies from Ready Project. Chef's Banquet 320 serving. Use code fsme58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I found out I can run the fan and ignition source for my propane water heater with the inverter that comes with my 2015 tacoma. This coupled with my propane range, gas logs, and wall heater mean I am pretty much self sufficient when it comes to short term power needs without a generator! All I need now is one of those electric coolers that run off the outlet in the cab and I'm good to go.
    Last edited by nof555; 09-18-15 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Most recent buys-

Medical supplies from Chinook Medical
    -Isreali bandages, Kerlix, SAM Splint, tape, small goodies that I needed to find that I haven't sourced locally

10" DSG upper for the AR pistol that I've built

200 rounds PMC XTAC 62 gr

100 rounds Winchester #8 shot

5 MRE entrees

Canned fruit

A bunch of 4 packs of Energizer lithium advanced batteries that we had marked down to closeout prices at my store

Camping trip to show buddy the very minimum of land nav with a compass and starting a fire with just a ferro rod and steel

Want to focus purely on water and food for the rest of the month
    Last edited by Fairweather8588; 09-24-15 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Went to a show yesterday and picked up a 2-pack of Ruger 10/22 BX-25 magazines for $50. I don't have a 10/22 yet but plan to pick one up as soon as they (hopefully)offer a factory version with the new Magpul stock. I made the mistake a couple weeks ago of ordering two of the BX-25x2 magazines online, thinking the package was a 2-pack of magazines. I didn't realize from the small photo that it's actually two magazines molded together, which was not what I wanted (too heavy and bulky).

Probably more importantly, I also bought a LifeStraw Go water bottle to test out, with the intent of eventually putting one in each of our vehicles for emergencies on the road. I'm slowly assembling a go-bag for each car that will include one of these.

Dave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    - Drained, cleaned and re-filled my 500 gallon water tank.
    - Refilled all my gas cans with fresh real gas and added Stabil.
    - Winterized all my power equipment.
    - Ran generator to burn off last year's Stabil-ized fuel and refilled with fresh real gas and added Stabil.
    - Will top off my propane tank next week.

Ready for winter.

Page 336 of 366 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast