Page 324 of 366 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    Just received shipment from Brownells! My self picked birthday present.

New recoil spring and the "D" version of the hammer spring for my Beretta 96. Also thought I'd give the ALG ACT trigger a try.

The Beretta is an old gun with a good round count. I still love it though but it had a failure for the first time on me (failure to extract) at the range and the action felt slow getting back into battery, so I thought I'd get a new recoil spring for it. While at it I've read good reviews of the smoothing and lightening of the double action pull with the D hammer spring. My BCM stock trigger could be improved upon and this sounded like a cost effective way to improve upon it for more precision slower shooting or at game--without giving up the "fighting rifle"/reliability theme of the carbine. We'll see how much of an improvement it is.

Ran 4 miles with my pointy-eared buddy today.
    Last edited by 68W; 07-12-14 at 15:25.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We adopted a GSD from a local Rescue this past weekend. She needed a loving home and we need her protection and alertness.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    We adopted a GSD from a local Rescue this past weekend. She needed a loving home and we need her protection and alertness.

Congratulations M-K!

We adopted an adult GSD male over a year ago and he has been fabulous with us. He is my first non-retriever breed and I'm hooked for life--a whole different animal and experience. There is no doubt my children and wife are safer in the yard and at home when I'm gone due to his alertness and protective posturing. Sadly, he has a freak and rare cancer and will be unlikely to make it another year.

I wish you many good times with her! Name, age, back-story? She's pretty, I like the lighter coloring on GSD's.

Mine is very blonde/tan as well (3/4 down the page is my post with pics): https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-BREEDS/page14
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 68W View Post
    Congratulations M-K!

We adopted an adult GSD male over a year ago and he has been fabulous with us. He is my first non-retriever breed and I'm hooked for life--a whole different animal and experience. There is no doubt my children and wife are safer in the yard and at home when I'm gone due to his alertness and protective posturing. Sadly, he has a freak and rare cancer and will be unlikely to make it another year.

I wish you many good times with her! Name, age, back-story? She's pretty, I like the lighter coloring on GSD's.

Mine is very blonde/tan as well (3/4 down the page is my post with pics): https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-BREEDS/page14
    Thanks 68W! Her name is Montana and she is five years old. The GSD Rescue we adopted her from rescued her from a high kill shelter in the area. They don't have any more history than that. She was neglected by the 02 thieves that had her. She is very sweet to my wife and I and extremely protective of us especially when it comes to other dogs. She is an alpha female and they had to keep her mostly with males at the rescue cause she would jump females. She is 85lbs and bigger than most of the males that we met at the rescue. As with you I am hooked for life on the breed! I might even get into fostering for the rescue but will have to see how it plays out with Montana as she is still getting adjusted to her new life and deserves some "me time" and much deserved TLC!

Good looking dog you have there yourself! Gonna have to post pics in that thread now too!
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-14-14 at 17:31.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had the chance last month to attend a 5-day antiterrorism evasive driving course. It was a fantastic experience, learned about vehicle dynamics, emergency evasive maneuvers, and just getting a better understanding of what cars are capable of and how much damage they can sustain and still drive far enough to get you out of a dangerous area. We spent one afternoon just driving the car in reverse around a 2-mile track while avoid obstacles. I feel like I have a much better understanding of how to control a car and get myself (and my family) out of trouble.

Dave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am just getting started, have a shelf in the basement and started placing some food stocks up. I purchase a Wise brand bucket with 60 servings to get started. I have been picking up things on sale each week but it is slow going. All the normal things and I am going to start an inventory in Excel with expiration dates and inventory information. Found wool socks on sale and got just a couple pair to start a clothing back up in the basement as well.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    We canned 14 pints of spaghetti sauce and 8 quarts of tomatoes the past 2 weekends. All from the garden.

I am looking for a local bulk source of Lentils and of steel cut oatmeal ( Houston, Austin, San Antonio area).
    Trying to avoid shipping costs.

Have fun
    RFA
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    We canned 14 pints of spaghetti sauce and 8 quarts of tomatoes the past 2 weekends. All from the garden.

I am looking for a local bulk source of Lentils and of steel cut oatmeal ( Houston, Austin, San Antonio area).
    Trying to avoid shipping costs.

Have fun
    RFA
    Try the bulk food section at your local health food store. Speak to the manager and see if they will sell it to you by the 25 or 50lb. bag. We have Winco and Honeyville here in Utah that sell in bulk.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    If the health food angle doesn't pan out you could try an Indian (red dot, not feather) food store (In Texas I would suspect Huston would be your best bet). You would want to ask for "dahl" the Hindi word for lentil. Indian groceries can be a good source of bulk foods. We usually get a lot of our bulk rice and such from them. If you haven't ever tried it ask for dosa mix. Dosa are fermented lentil pancakes that are often filled and/or dipped in chutneys. Very tasty and a good way of cooking/eating in primitive conditions.
    Just another option for your consideration.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Grabbed another 500rds of .223 to add to the reserve since it was in stock and at a very good price, other then that we are finally planning are move out of a shit house urban city heading north bound to a state were the nearest neighbor is a few miles down the road.

Its been a long time coming but I should be living the dream in less then a year.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 324 of 366 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334 ... LastLast