Page 300 of 366 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    Wyoming breeds people that are tough as nails. I know people that come back to NY and say they live in Wyoming, but they only spend the summers there. I call them out all the time and say no-one can claim being from Wyoming, or living in Wyoming if they haven't survived one winter.
    I can agree with that last statement having driven through Wyoming multiple times in December and January. The snow comes down sideways.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got pair of Rhino lined AR500 plates (targetman). I am aware of limitations and cal/veloc combo's that defeat AR500, but as broke-ass civy I think it should serve purpose(plus wife put kybosh on more$$ armor and she's accountant that handles family finances, so no getting $ by her on DL ).. Tag "Slick" (tan)plate carrier will be here next week. Eventually (when get $$, and can get quality) going to get real good set of 3A soft for the Tag Slick. That way can utilize both hard and soft when in stationary worst case scenario, and ditch heavy hard plates and run soft body armor in mobile worst case scenario.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    bought ammo in the usual calibers
    signed up for the CCW course, zeroed a new aimpoint
    bought more canned goods, and dehydrated meals, put away some paper goods and large trash bags

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I was able to get 500 rounds of subsonic .22 LR....total score today!
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well today I did some "canning" . . .

Not food stores but rather ammo stores in M2A1s, labeled, with desiccant packets added. Finally getting caught up organizing the last of the "panic" ammo that was acquired.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    It's been another busy week.

Canned 14 quarts of fresh grape juice. A friend just gave me the grapes from her garden as she had more than she could deal with. At some point some of this juice will be made into a variety of jellies. The juice itself tastes great mixed with some pedialyte.

I also put up 6 quarts of marinara sauce made from tomatoes from my garden.

I was one of the lucky ones this week, as I happened to be at my desk when a product notification came in from Midway. 1400 round Remington bucket o bullets, 22LR. $60 bucks plus shipping. That showed up on my doorstep yesterday. I have also added some additional 9MM, 5.56 and .308 to the stash this week.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

What did you do Today to Prepare?

Had spare time to kill so stopped by wal mart, they actually had 22LR in. 325 rds per box of the match stuff for $18. So I bought the last two.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What did you do Today to Prepare?

Participated in an Active Shooter training last week, took delivery on some Cold Steel Inferno pepper spray to replace the one I lost, ordered 500 winchester 230 gr and 80 Barnes TSX xp 185 gr .45 acp bullets from Midway to start loading for my Colt 1911.
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 08-10-13 at 15:21.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    did the yearly trimming of the tree branches around the house. Something I need to do at the beginning of every hurricane season.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This spring/summer has been a learning experience for me and the wife, finally have a little bit of land to plant some things. Grew some brocoli, strawberries, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers and some different herbs. Now that we kinda know what we're doing gonna try to expand on that for next season.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Page 300 of 366 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast