Page 347 of 366 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Just getting ready in case hillary wins...

Fueling my bulldozer as I type this getting reading to bust my way into Surplus City. . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What did I do today to prepare...

I need more time to prepare, so I voted for Trump.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I need more time to prepare, so I voted for Trump.
    Me too... hope it works.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just got a delivery of another bucket of Wise foods. I also got on sale from midway the 5 day wise foods survival backpack full of goodies. For $45 it was hard to pass up. Nice looking civvie bag that the wife or kids can wear. The bucket of food and the backpack together ended up being $88 total (free shipping).
    Last edited by soulezoo; 12-06-16 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    Ordered a wise foods 72 hour food kit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Prior to heading overseas, I took an OR Dry Bag and stuffed it with a Wiggy's MARPAT Supplex Sweater (Jacket), Wiggy's Socks, and Wiggy's Over Boots as a winter supplement to my wife's vehicle bag. As we all know, women will leave the house with inappropriate footwear and clothing in the middle of a blizzard.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    New toy, I mean, bug out vehicle.
    Nice rig!

Feedback Score
    Prior to winter setting in I finally found an ethanol free gas pump in the city I've moved to in the past year and topped off the gas cans...finally. You know moving across the country really puts a wrench in your prepping routines, its been tough to get a few details like this back in system mode.

On Christmas Eve I went to Costco...always a risk to the account balance. Well Goal Zero had a display and I got sucked in. I've been casually shopping solar power back up systems for the bare essentials at the house for at least 4 years now. Money has always been tight in this stage of my life and we aren't in our "destination" home yet, so investing in permanent systems has been off the table. So, Goal Zero has become the obvious choice.

Costco had the Yeti 1250 for $999.99, best price I've seen in the few years GZ has been on my radar by at least $200-300 and no shipping, a tax credit, plus the Costco return and warranty policies. Promotive offers a good discount but shipping on a 90 lb unit hurts bad. At any rate, the good wife gave her whole hearted blessing for an unplanned purchase of the unit. I didn't get any panels yet but getting the generator unit was a huge hurdle to get over. It is sitting plugged in trickle charging now.

The goal with my solar system build is simply to keep the fridge and spare freezer cold in order to preserve the food stores. I have a heat pump system, unfortunately, otherwise I would use this in the winter as well in the event of a power outage to run a furnace fan if I had natural gas furnace. Furnace fans have very low power pull so this unit would be great for that too. Like I said though unfortunately I don't think my new house is amenable.

Redundancy of systems is the name of the game, this unit in conjunction with the Honda EU2000 gas gen will keep the food from spoiling for a decent amount of time if managed judiciously. I can chain more batteries and add panels as funds allow.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    got semi autos and full auto with loads of ammo ready to go and got loads of preserved food that can last 4 people for a year.

Feedback Score
    Finally took delivery... Never been excited about a 38 year old vehicle before.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 347 of 366 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357 ... LastLast