Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK VP70...The "First" Glock...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I still need an HK4. One day. I'm also in need of a P8 and P10, but it might be awhile till I get those.
    P8 is German Police issue USP right?

Which one was the P10?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    P8 is German Police issue USP right?

Which one was the P10?

If I remember correctly, the P8 is the Bundeswehr issue USP. The P10 is the police issue USP Compact. Both have the weird safety where you have to push it up to fire; the safe position is located at what would be the decocking position on a normal USP.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If I had to part with my H&K collection, I'd start with my HK4 then VP70Z then, if I really had to, I'd let go of one of my P7s. Heaven help me if I had to go further than that! The HK4 is a neat little pistol that can be made to fire four different calibers. Mine is .32ACP and .22lr. The later being one of the worst reliability wise. If I really wanted to push my collection further, I'd get the other two barrels for the HK4 and try to find a P9S in .45ACP. Then maybe the other P7 variants. I'm pretty happy with my collection as it is for now.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score

Blast From The Past In The Present...

For me, the VP70z brings back memories. It was my first center fire pistol purchase on my 21st Birthday. I wish I still had the box, but my youth told me to chuck it, so I did. I carried this gun for a year inside my Levis jacket... The only holster I found for it, was a nylon flap holster by Bianchi. The trigger pull never bothered me much - I had nothing to go on at the time. I still own it, the Bianchi holster and 6 18-round mags. The only issue I had with the gun, was wearing out the mag catch and surprisingly, HK still has them. I understand there's a Wolff spring that will lighten the load a bit, but as yet have not done anything to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234