Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 15 Sport Review

Feedback Score
    Enjoyed the review. Looks like S&W have another winner on their hands. This rifle sure makes sense to me, and as more and more enter the market and are sold the price will probably drop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sr71plane View Post
    Enjoyed the review. Looks like S&W have another winner on their hands. This rifle sure makes sense to me, and as more and more enter the market and are sold the price will probably drop.
    I think the only other rifle as inexpensive, not counting the parts guns that some online places sell, is the Bushmaster Carbon-15. I saw one on sale at sportsman's warehouse at christmas for $599. I wouldn't say the bush is the same quality as the sport. But my point is; I don't think the price is going to go much lower. If anything, the other manufacturers might have to lower some of their prices if the M&P15 sport and the Bush carbon-15 become very popular and most new buyers aim for those two.
    "Born Wild; Raised Proud"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    I think the only other rifle as inexpensive, not counting the parts guns that some online places sell, is the Bushmaster Carbon-15. I saw one on sale at sportsman's warehouse at christmas for $599. I wouldn't say the bush is the same quality as the sport. But my point is; I don't think the price is going to go much lower. If anything, the other manufacturers might have to lower some of their prices if the M&P15 sport and the Bush carbon-15 become very popular and most new buyers aim for those two.

Good points.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I came across one of these when a guy was bench-shooting one at the local Fudd range. He asked me to check it out, and when I looked at the barrel markings and saw 1/8 5R in conjunction with the profile and finish I just scratched my head. I figured it was some gimmick, as I've only heard or 5R rifling in bolt actions and maybe some SPR's.
    Anyway, the rifle came stock with a LMT style rear sight, and the guy was thrilled with the price he got it for. (IIRC $600-$700 range)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks to be the best AR you can get for under 800 MSRP. Definitely not the rifle I would want for duty use but Id rock one as a range gun any day.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I figure the point of this rifle is to introduce the fudds or newbies to the AR world, without costing an arm or a leg, so in this I congratulate S&W. The more people who acquire the AR, the more allies we'll have on our side when the left tries to bring another "assault weapons ban" bill.
    The opinions expressed on this board are mine and mine alone. They do not represent any departments or organizations I may be a member of.

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - ILN, 4/19/30

"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - Varied Types

G.K. Chesterton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    I figure the point of this rifle is to introduce the fudds or newbies to the AR world, without costing an arm or a leg, so in this I congratulate S&W. The more people who acquire the AR, the more allies we'll have on our side when the left tries to bring another "assault weapons ban" bill.

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.
    You guys have a great site here and I have learned so much just
    reading through all the stickys for beginers and other threads on this site. So thanks for having such a great place to come to and learn.
    I purchased a S&W Sport about a month ago and have taken it out
    to the desert to do target shooting. I haven't had any problems with it at all and I am very happy with my purchase as this will be a just for fun gun and target shooting. For me not having a lot of money to buy a nice quality set up yet I came to the decision that for what I will use it for it was the way to go.
    Just wanted to put in my .02 cents on the subject.
    Again thanks for having such a great site.
    Ty

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyxxvxl View Post
    Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.
    You guys have a great site here and I have learned so much just
    reading through all the stickys for beginers and other threads on this site. So thanks for having such a great place to come to and learn.
    I purchased a S&W Sport about a month ago and have taken it out
    to the desert to do target shooting. I haven't had any problems with it at all and I am very happy with my purchase as this will be a just for fun gun and target shooting. For me not having a lot of money to buy a nice quality set up yet I came to the decision that for what I will use it for it was the way to go.
    Just wanted to put in my .02 cents on the subject.
    Again thanks for having such a great site.
    Ty
    Welcome Ty. If you ever feel the need for the dust cover and FA you can just swap in a new upper reciever.

Where do you live?
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I was actually going to ask about that.
    I've read and compared the lower to the normal M&P lower and other than the trigger guard it looks to be pretty much the same. Well same to me but I'm no expert. So the sport lower is able to recieve a different upper then?

Also thanks for the welcome, and I live in SLC Utah.
    Ty

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyxxvxl View Post
    I was actually going to ask about that.
    I've read and compared the lower to the normal M&P lower and other than the trigger guard it looks to be pretty much the same. Well same to me but I'm no expert. So the sport lower is able to recieve a different upper then?

Also thanks for the welcome, and I live in SLC Utah.
    Ty
    From what I have read the Sport lower is the same as the other M&P lowers minus the solid trigger guard.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast