Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 15 Sport Review

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks Tyxxvxl - nice to have some detail pics up for other users looking at the S&W lineup

I forgot to look, is the M&P buffer tube 1.148" or 1.168" in diameter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyxxvxl View Post
    Ok Munch,
    Here ya go. Sorry for the poor pic quality I don't have a digital camera at the moment so these are just from my phone.
    Hope they are ok.
    I stand corrected...I will have to go back and look at that M&P I referenced. I swear I saw no "MP". Will look further into this.
    Last edited by munch520; 06-20-11 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Thanks Tyxxvxl - nice to have some detail pics up for other users looking at the S&W lineup

I forgot to look, is the M&P buffer tube 1.148" or 1.168" in diameter?

I stand corrected...I will have to go back and look at that M&P I referenced. I swear I saw no "MP". Will look further into this.
    I believe that it is Mil-Spec

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyxxvxl View Post
    I believe that it is Mil-Spec
    ok so it's 1.148"
    Last edited by munch520; 06-20-11 at 11:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    ok so it's 1.148"

I'm pretty sure that it is.
    But I will check for sure when I get home and let ya know.

Feedback Score
    i picked up a mp sport last week for 587, great shooting gun, over 600 rounds of american eagle 55grain, dead accurate and never missed a lick. My friend had a sig 556 and another guy at the range had a smith and wesson mp15 tatical, and when it was all over, my sport shot just as well, and each of them where talking about getting one. I have a bushmaster carbon 15 that i picked up used, and it is not a accurate and just dont like the feel, i think i have it sold if the guy comes through on his offer. I have the sig 522 and thought about picking up the 556, but after seeing and shooting one of the smith mp15 sports a couple of weeks, at the price it was I just had to have one. Dont plan on crawling around in any jungles, and dont plan on not cleaning it or trying to force a round in that does not want to go in on its own, actually would just prefer to get that round out and find out why, so very happy with the sport.
    great site, now looking at putting a scope and a forward grip on it.
    smith and wesson mp15
    Ruger P95
    Sig Sauer 522
    Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag
    Ruger SP101
    Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380,
    Smith and Wesson 637 Airweight
    Browning A-bolt 7mm mag stainless steel
    Winchester 1300 12 guage shotgun
    Mossberg 12 guage defender shotgun

Feedback Score
    my friends and i have been shooting the sport for a few weeks and we all love it. i put a vortex sparc on top and love this rifle. the only "complaint" is i wish the interior was a little smoother when you pull back the charging handle-if that is really a "complaint"

i personally have put close to 1000 rounds through it and never had a problem with any of them-we used all kinds of value minded rounds-umc, monarch, pmc. no issues with any of them.

after being in the army it was weird at first bc it is a carbine length hand guard but was easily able to see the benefit after carrying the rifle through the woods for a few miles on foot. {just feels lighter}

all in all this is a GREAT general purpose rifle and everyone who has shot it LOVES it. active marines, active army and a couple of guard and reserve buddies have shot and loved it! it has od green moe furniture and the sparc on it and a magpul green rear flip up-all of this was added the moment we got it home.

we do not use or have a bench but shoot mostly from standing or kneeling postion and the rifle does great for us. it has been out in a rainstorm or two, thrown into the back of trucks and atvs and boats and fired while covered in dirt and soaked ue to the rain- NO issues

i will give a little better report later but wanted to share my .02 here as i am a sw fan now.

btw ours is a mil spec buffer tube-i know this for a fact due to buying wrong buttstock at first{commercial}
    Last edited by xCONTRAKTx; 07-02-11 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    Great thread, thanks guys for the info. Hopefully you won't get tagged as trolls.. and the thread locked..

I just got an email ad from a Mass gun store with the sport model avaiable now!! Looks like we get to purchase one here. Being in Mass and 10 minutes from where Smith and Wesson is located, Mass is the last place to have S&W guns available, while we wait for them to be approved. I have to figure out where I can store another AR.. not that I need one, but heck... gotta get it.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    i hope it doesnt get locked-did i do anything to get it locked?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xCONTRAKTx View Post
    i hope it doesnt get locked-did i do anything to get it locked?
    No, not at all, just joking ... that's all.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    i am new to the forum-my bad!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast