Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: M&P 15 Sport Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xCONTRAKTx View Post
    my friends and i have been shooting the sport for a few weeks and we all love it. i put a vortex sparc on top and love this rifle. the only "complaint" is i wish the interior was a little smoother when you pull back the charging handle-if that is really a "complaint"

i personally have put close to 1000 rounds through it and never had a problem with any of them-we used all kinds of value minded rounds-umc, monarch, pmc. no issues with any of them.

after being in the army it was weird at first bc it is a carbine length hand guard but was easily able to see the benefit after carrying the rifle through the woods for a few miles on foot. {just feels lighter}

all in all this is a GREAT general purpose rifle and everyone who has shot it LOVES it. active marines, active army and a couple of guard and reserve buddies have shot and loved it! it has od green moe furniture and the sparc on it and a magpul green rear flip up-all of this was added the moment we got it home.

we do not use or have a bench but shoot mostly from standing or kneeling postion and the rifle does great for us. it has been out in a rainstorm or two, thrown into the back of trucks and atvs and boats and fired while covered in dirt and soaked ue to the rain- NO issues

i will give a little better report later but wanted to share my .02 here as i am a sw fan now.

btw ours is a mil spec buffer tube-i know this for a fact due to buying wrong buttstock at first{commercial}
    any pics of your scope set up would be great, shot mine yesterday at the range, at 50 yards using federal tactiacl 5.56 and iron sights, kept all in a group about the size of my fist and was not firing slow, was pulling trigger pretty quick, not rapid fire since it is not allowed, but pretty close, folks there shooting where pretty impressed with the rifle, one guy shooting beside of me had custom ar, will not metion the name so nobody gets upset, and my $585 smith shot better group than his custom $1800 gun with both of us shooting iron sights, other folks there had never shot one, so let a couple of other guys shoot it,and they really liked it, seems like being on a budget not such a bad idea at all. At the moment trying to decide if i want a red dot, low power scope or a 3-9 type scope, the range goes to 100 yards and would be nice to shoot at that distance if you wanted.
    smith and wesson mp15
    Ruger P95
    Sig Sauer 522
    Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag
    Ruger SP101
    Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380,
    Smith and Wesson 637 Airweight
    Browning A-bolt 7mm mag stainless steel
    Winchester 1300 12 guage shotgun
    Mossberg 12 guage defender shotgun

Feedback Score
    should get some today-i have it set up without the shim setup. co wit instead of 1/3 wit.

Feedback Score
    I put a Vortex Strikefire (red and green dot) on mine. Ordered the one with the high base for AR's with front sight bases. Gives me a lower 1/3 co-witness. Works great. The Strikefire comes with a screw on 2X magnifier, so you can set it up for no magnification or 2X.

After I ordered mine, I saw some complaints that the red dot on the red/green dot version was not bright enough for some conditions. I've shot it outdoors in bright sunlight with no problem, but apparently the red dot only version has a brighter dot.

Feedback Score
    not sure if my resizer worked but here goes...

Feedback Score
    i am no computer guy and i have more pics but cant figure this out sorry. let me see if i can find some info on this site for this issue

Feedback Score
    I'm really glad to hear so many people loving thier Sport.
    I really like mine and have had no problem with it so far.
    Hopefully next weekend I can make it out to the desert again.
    I want to see how it does with 100+ yards. I only have iron sites
    right now but that's ok. I want to get good with the basics before
    I get a scope. I really think that the Sport is the best bargin priced
    AR out there. But that's just my opinion.
    Ty

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyxxvxl View Post
    I'm really glad to hear so many people loving thier Sport.
    I really like mine and have had no problem with it so far.
    Hopefully next weekend I can make it out to the desert again.
    I want to see how it does with 100+ yards. I only have iron sites
    right now but that's ok. I want to get good with the basics before
    I get a scope. I really think that the Sport is the best bargin priced
    AR out there. But that's just my opinion.
    Ty
    It definitely is a fantastic deal. Im going to get one for my lady as her first AR.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xCONTRAKTx View Post
    not sure if my resizer worked but here goes...
    ================================

Your picture looks like the offspring of an AR and a FAL interbreeding.

Feedback Score
    i started reading the size limits of pics and ..... this was the result, sorry!lol

Feedback Score
    My buddy brought his new Sport over today to put on the DD RIS rail, Noveske endplate, and ergo grip his wife bought him for his B-Day. The RIS is a little over kill but she had tried to order an Omega FSP and they were out of stock.

In any event I got a real close look and thought it was well put together over all. Got to sit it side by side with my LE6920.

FSB was taper pinned and fit tightly to the barrel, closer tolerance than my Colt. The barrel nut had moly grease applied when it was built. My Colt did not. The barrel nut was just snug though and came off real easy.

Staking on gas key was equal to Colt but castle nut staking was a little weak. I easily got the castle off with a wrench. My Colt took a breaker bar. Still, probably sufficient to prevent it from backing off.

Extractor had a black insert and o-ring.

No H-Buffer. Stock hand-guards are a joke. No heat shields at all...but they were replaced anyway.

The trigger was about 7lbs but broke SUPER clean with absolutely ZERO creep. My Colt was horrendous and was replaced with a sweet Geissele.

I will probably go shoot it with him this week.

One thing I was concerned about. When the hammer in not cocked the thumb safety had a detent between safe and fire. I never handled an AR like this.
    Last edited by OldState; 07-05-11 at 19:54.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast