Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: M&P 15 Sport Review

Feedback Score
    I bought my Sport from a lgs last Aug. and it's just great. I haven't found any ammo that it doesn't shoot well to excellent. Mine likes Fed. 556 M193 55 grn and PMC 223 55 grn ammo the best so far. I just put a set of MI free float handguards on it last month and it shoots even tighter groups now. Here's mine with a 4-12X40 Bushnell scope on it. I wanted to see how accurate it would be with factory ammo at 100 yards. It does just fine considering the nut behind the trigger. At 64 I'm not as good bench shooting as I used to be, but accurate enough to take care of zombies!!

Here's my targets from 50 and 100 yards with M193. The 100 yard shots were all 3 shot groups. The red bullseye in the 100yd target is 1.5" in diameter. When I do my job the Sport gets excellent groups with factory ammo.

Last edited by gunfighter48; 07-21-12 at 19:53.
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!
    gunfighter48
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Say what you will, but for me no dust cover is very possible a deal breaker. The S&W Sport is a good performer for $600'ish, no doubt, but now days you can also get a mil-spec PSA or Spikes Tactical for maybe $650-$700 which is usually what people pay for the Sport.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you think that any of those brands you mentioed are MILSPEC at that price range then you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HKBanger View Post
    Say what you will, but for me no dust cover is very possible a deal breaker. The S&W Sport is a good performer for $600'ish, no doubts, but now days you can also get a mil-spec PSA or Spikes Tactical for maybe $650-$700 which is usually what people pay for the Sport.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    If you think that any of those brands you mentioed are MILSPEC at that price range then you are wrong.

Okay? I'm not trying to say that they are top of the line, but they still seem to be following mil-spec just as much as the big boys. Don't get me wrong, I'd never trade my BCM for a PSA or Spike's but they do follow similar.. scratch that, identical specs. How they handle their quality assurance, inspections, etc is going to be the bigger difference, I feel, but they are following mil-spec on paper.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Had the chance to handle one; borrowing it currently.

I'm pretty impressed given its price point and all that.

F marked FSB
    5.56 Nato Chamber
    M-4 feedramps
    good gas key staking
    good upper to lower fit
    mil-spec diameter receiver extension
    As mentioned, castle nut staking is a little light, but it's probably not to big of a deal.

Furniture is nothing special at all, no heatshields. Most of us would probably can that shit anyway.

Trigger is nothing to write home about but it's not terrible either.

I hope these Smith guns prove themselves as time passes.
    I think they're doing a good job overall.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBanger View Post
    ...they do follow similar.. scratch that, identical specs. How they handle their quality assurance, inspections, etc is going to be the bigger difference, I feel, but they are following mil-spec on paper.
    This has been covered elsewhere, but just because something is advertised or marked as "MPI" does not mean anything. What good is MPI if the rejection criteria is garbage? This applies to a lot of the criteria that are put out as "mil-spec". If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    Last edited by Kyohte; 09-19-12 at 13:57.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567