Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: AR trigger grease

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    Improvise, adapt, overcome and keep it lubed.
    Fixed it for ya.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haha, yea. About right.

Feedback Score

I worry about this mix of rydol!

Quote Originally Posted by gfelber View Post
    Upon recommendation from my gunsmith, I use RyDol. Seems to work well, but it does require periodic reapplication.

Additional info: http://rydol.com/techdetails.html#Colloidal Chemistry
    Premium Grade PTFE and BORON NITRIDE <---Maybe be bad news !!
    "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i'm surprised no one has mentioned the NECO MOLYSLIDE, as this stuff has been around for years. frank white, of CLE turned me on to it years ago. it works for a lot of the camp perry crowd.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cz7 View Post
    Premium Grade PTFE and BORON NITRIDE <---Maybe be bad news !!

It's not the rydol, it's the midol that needs more periodic application. Those times are bad news, no maybe about it.

I'm apologizing in advance mods. Just still don't get the oil/grease deal. But maybe there will be innovation somewhere from all this lube crap that takes it to the next level. Till then I'm waiting with bells on.

Feedback Score
    Hi guys,

I recently bought AR15.
    Trigger looks like this.. isn't it over-greased?
    Should I take everything apart and clean it or this is normal?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    i'm surprised no one has mentioned the NECO MOLYSLIDE, as this stuff has been around for years. frank white, of CLE turned me on to it years ago. it works for a lot of the camp perry crowd.
    That's the stuff I got from Bushmaster about 20 years ago. I bought two of them and I 'll probably never run out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently bought AR15.
    Someone greased up the springs, but that's not really a problem. I would leave it alone andtjust shoot it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently bought AR15.
    That is fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
    I just bought a very lightly used LMT 2 stage trigger and am about to install it. All the previous threads seem to recommend AeroShell grease #6 or Mobil #28. I have two questions:

1. Obviously the pins should be greased. How about the contact points on the sear and hammer? Many other posts, including the famous "15 minute trigger job" floating around, suggest polishing these surfaces. Wouldn't grease inhibit this polishing? I am in no way going to stone or polish anything, and I can stand less than "baby butt" smoothness until it breaks in - not a bench rest guy. And I'm not going to send it to Springfield or anyone else. I just want to install it once, the best it can be, and go shoot it.

2. The 2 greases above seem a) pricey and b) come in a big tube. Can a good Moly lube/paste from an auto parts place give just as good results? If not, anyone know where I can find a small tube (like comes with the Geisselle)?

I try to be a no voodoo guy - bore snake, clean with Hoppe's elite and lube with Mobile 1 - and don't want to add anything to the KISS routine unless really needed. Thanks for any advice.
    For when your Hoppe's elite runs out; Here is a link to simple green Aircraft cleaner which is safe for aluminum. I think its about $23 a gallon. Its also available on Amazon for five buck more. Check relative shipping costs.
    http://www.pilotshop.com/catalog/csp...SABEgLNO_D_BwE

As for your trigger, I would not recommend trying to polish a two stage trigger. A single stage is relatively easy with ceramic stones, but I would not attempt a two stage.

Almost any grease will work especially since there is no real heat to speak of. The thing that will make your trigger smoother is putting a lot of rounds through your rifle. I started out worrying about the kind of grease I put on my triggers, but the truth is that it makes very little difference in my opinion. In fact, I frequently just use a thicker CLP.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 01-11-18 at 16:06.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678