Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AR trigger grease

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-15-11 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    When it comes to trigger's, I follow the way of the Trigger Oracle..Bill G and his magical lube's The old was the red aviation mobil grease..the new is this yellow shell aeroshell #6.

All grease makes the world of difference but this new grease that Bill and GA are using seems to be a touch above..I'm religious about the grease cause these triggers when greased properly have a feel and break that is just addictive as hell.
    Okay, 8 bones for a lifetime supply. That's more like it. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...hellgrease.php. Probably work wonders on the little one's bicycle, too.

Thanks Trident.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The AeroShell 6 is microgel thickened, mineral oil base lube. Not good for weapons.

Good luck if you use it anywhere else on your weapon.

M

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd501 View Post
    The AeroShell 6 is microgel thickened, mineral oil base lube. Not good for weapons.

M
    Umm, isn't mineral oil the main ingredient in nearly all gun oils? And Geissele is not exactly an unproven start up. Don't know much about microgel thickening though. Can you elaborate?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    bananaman,

I think you just answered your own question. Why don't you just use mineral oil as your lube? Why does everyone use the same base and expect different results? Why do you have to have an oil or grease that's good for "this" application but not for "that".

Look for something that is not like all the others.

U.S. Optics & Smith Enterprises may hold the answer you are looking for.

Mike

Feedback Score
    I dislike using lube which would attract and hold dust in my trigger area, although out of convenience I do use various stuff like that. I've not yet bought it, but on my next Midway buy list is some moly by Sentry Solutions.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    I dislike using lube which would attract and hold dust in my trigger area, although out of convenience I do use various stuff like that. I've not yet bought it, but on my next Midway buy list is some moly by Sentry Solutions.

Where do you gentlemen put the lubricant on the trigger mechanism? I'm somewhat of a newbie to the AR and don't want to put grease where it doesn't belong (ie somewhere where it can attract particulates that do more harm than good). Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    I picked this stuff at my local gun shop. I really works great. As I understand it John Jardine is some kind of 1911 guru and this is his secret sauce.

http://www.jardinescustom.com/accessories.html
    Last edited by JockItch; 06-22-11 at 00:30.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Up here in the northwest, I use Marine Wheel Bearing Grease. It's meant for boat trailer wheels and the like so it's meant to put up with salt water, etc.

It's a high temp (550 degree or so down to mins 50 below or something like that) lubricant/protectant (most greases are merely lubricants).

It helps keep the innards of the gun from developing rust during the moist seasons (which is most of the time up here in WA) and keeps my guns running even through some pretty nasty training sessions involving high round counts, lots of mud, dirt, water, etc.

Havn't felt a need to switch to anything else in a couple of years now.
    Last edited by GrumpyM4; 06-22-11 at 03:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd501 View Post

M
    "Microgel", in this case, being a trademarked name for clay-based (bentonite) thickener. That's not an awful choice for guns.. probably better than lithium based grease. Aluminum base is generally beter, though.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast