Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight Carbine FSP build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lightweight Carbine FSP build

It is very hard to find a 16" Carbine lightweight upper these days, and considering a build. I think I can get my hands on a DD CHF barrel/FSP, but WHAT receiver should I use. I can get a Spikes pretty cheap - but is this fine compared to DD, Noveske, etc? Does the receiver matter much?

Also, I can get an LMT BCG cheaper than a DD or Noveske - does this matter?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What receiver are you wondering about? Upper or lower? I'd get a DD or BCM complete BCG. Last I checked Grant had them in stock. If you're going as far as to get a DD CHF barrel, don't skimp on the other most important part (bolt).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    If you're going as far as to get a DD CHF barrel, don't skimp on the other most important part (bolt).
    I really don't see any way that an LMT bolt is skimping.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Yeah it's late and the buckeyes were losing. I wasn't paying attention. It's not...I'm looking for an enhanced LMT BCG now as a matter of fact.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With my mil discount at DSG I can get an LMT cheap - full auto BCG - I think it is $116. Also, the Spikes receiver is only $85. I guess I'm asking does a mix n match matter???

Again, not many folks selling LW CHF barreled CARBINE uppers complete.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Have you thought about calling DD and placing an order for the upper/barrel/FSP rail you want?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I already have the rail, now just looking to build the upper.

Does the receiver make matter, or is it just like a lower receiver - it makes little difference?

Did find a place that has DD barrels on a WOA reciever - how is this combo? Thanks.
    Last edited by m4brian; 10-13-11 at 20:15.

Street corners, but I move from time to time, pushing my cart to different locations
    Feedback Score
    I've heard many bad things about LMT BCG's cracking. They crack on the gas key because of poor staking on the set screws. I haven't seen one yet myself but an local gun shop told me he has seen enough not to stock them anymore.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OK - a little more, and I can get a DD BCG.

I started this because I just never saw a LW DD barrel on anything but a LAV Special and didn't want to lay out $2500 at one shot.

How are WOA upper receivers?
    Last edited by m4brian; 10-13-11 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DC3 View Post
    I've heard many bad things about LMT BCG's cracking. They crack on the gas key because of poor staking on the set screws. I haven't seen one yet myself but an local gun shop told me he has seen enough not to stock them anymore.
    This sounds like standard "local gun shop" bullshit to make you feel better about buying whatever he was selling. I bet he never even stocked them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast