~5-6k. I have about 4500 accounted here and a fair number I would need to look into my log to get. Not that many really. It sat in my brother in law's closet for years. It still looks fantastic with only the barrel hood showing any wear.

This gun has a lot going for it. It can be carried cocked and locked which is a BIG plus for an old 1911 guy like me. But it had a double action mode (which, being a J-frame guy is also no problem) so when I put it beside the bed at night I leave it hammer down, safety on (actually, I use my FNX .45 for beside the bed duty, but it works the same). Just a fantastic gun that has an extra margin of safety for every day handling.

But on top of that, it is more accurate than the M&P 9s I have owned (I would put it with Glocks, but not up to HK levels) while still having an extremely well-thought out layout (especially the slide release). If FN would have been able to co-ordinate with crimson trace for an integral laser I would say this guy was perfect.

If I was designing a gun, I would probably take this gun and put HK mag release on it and call it a day. That being said, the gun's slide release lever is so-well placed that I think it surpasses everything except for the 1911 and the old P7.

The FNX has a LOT to recommend it. The drawbacks (holsters (not a real problem) parts (more of a fantasy problem for most folks) are so minimal that the gun should be much more popular than it is.