Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Break my FNX-9.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've been tempted beyond reason and this thread is impressive data. My FNP 45 has been perfect.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-09-15 at 09:48.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I like this thread. I like this gun.

But I don't like learning a new manual of arms. Safeties? Double Action? Scary stuff...
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    There is always the FNS!!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I like this thread. I like this gun.

But I don't like learning a new manual of arms. Safeties? Double Action? Scary stuff...
    If you decide to buy one I'll buy one of your gen2 19s lol, to help offset the cost.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

~8500! 300 UMC, 200 "Perfecta"

Shot Friday and Today. 300 UMC today. Today my buddy Dan and I put up a crapload of steel up from 25 ft to 25 yards. We went nuts laying down the lead. Lots of:
    draw drills (concealed and not),
    El Pres,
    Weak handed,
    transition from rifle,
    shooting on the move, etc. The FNX chugs on.

I also practiced laying down and shooting between my legs (always a bit scary no matter how careful). It is nice to practice this dry-fire while falling on your butt. This is a nice little drill for dealing with unarmed or knife wielding opponents w/in 21 feet.

Finally I practiced shooting weak and strong handed from a bench to simulate vehicle or shooting while finishing a sandwich. OPERATOR!

Dan brought out his FS2000 to meet up with its 9mm cousin. We spent some time shooting it at steel and I really wish FN would have kept developing that little gem. With a little slim-lining and a better trigger that would have been a winner.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Glad you had a good day at the range. Yes, it's to bad FN didn't put more energy and time into this pistol, but everyone wants striker fired now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the continued updates, I enjoy it greatly as does my friend with the FNX-9. I still enjoy a good DA/SA pistol, my flavor is in the Beretta 92A1 flavor but I enjoy shooting my friends FNX as well. The pistol is easy to hang onto with that aggressive pattern! Darn accurate too!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Finally I practiced shooting weak and strong handed from a bench to simulate vehicle or shooting while finishing a sandwich. OPERATOR!
    Kickass
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why the military didn't adopt the FNX 45T is beyond me.....15 round capacity, TB, RMR cutout. Mine just runs and runs, not one FFE, eats more crap than Rosie O'donnell. Oh well our loss is our gain!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

8950 450 (300 Monarch, 150 Perfecta)

Taken the old bird out three more times since the last update. Shot my J-frame and Glock a little bit the last few weeks.

Today I ran my gun with a light the whole time for giggles. I did the usual stuff and I also practiced shooting one handed under a low barrier (a bench in this case, but I was imagining it as a car). I set up some barriers and worked out some bugs in my new redneck moving target system (cart with steel plate and pulley). I am going to see if I can automate it with a drill!

If my redneck automated moving target works I'll post it on youtube. I need a cheap and portable way to get moving, not swinging, targets. Basically, this is a cart with lawnmower wheels. It rolls pretty good but I need to be able to run it automatically. Ultimately I could motorize it but that kills the point---I am ghetto McGyvering this thing!

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Christopher Columbus

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast