Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Break my FNX-9.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Haha. I sold off ALL my guns to boil it down to one system. I had an hk45 which was my "doomsday" gun and the vp9 for plinking. At the time no one was making (in stock) suppressor sights so I switched to a 45 FNX tactical which was ready out of the box. The jframe always stays because it is my real carry gun. The vp9 is still the best of the 9mm striker guns. It just doesn't serve any purpose for me these days.
    Greg, you need to start a new thread titled "Keep This Gun."
    Last edited by Ed L.; 04-14-15 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    LOL. I love trying out guns, what can I say? The j-frame is the only "perfect" gun so far.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Greg, do you have an RMR/red dot on the FNX 45?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Greg,

It's when we see all these "break my XYZ gun threads." Like the Wilson that you were in love with, put over 7k rounds through it (I don't remember the precise number), and then decide to sell it.

Unless there is some pressing financial need or legal limit on the number of guns you can own, a gun doesn't have to perfectly fill a need to keep. I can't see just having an FNX45/FNX9 and a Jframe, even if the Jframe was the gun I carried mainly due to size/dress constraints.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Different strokes Ed!

Rohardi,

I tried the RMR on the FNX, it was not for me on a pistol. For me, it is much faster to acquire the irons (can't teach an old dog). I also didn't like that it slightly obscured the front sight, making that harder too. I was also a little concerned about reports that the dot is a mess if the screen gets wet. However, once the dot was acquired it was fast as hell though. I ended up putting it on my Scar-17 as a backup to the main optic.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the input on the RMR. Seems some people love them and some people just don't end up loving it on a pistol. I bought the pistol back in January and I ordered a RMR RM04 Dual Illuminated model from Trijicon in late February with their Instructor discount program. I'm still waiting for the RMR to ship. I want to see if I love the red dot or if it's not for me... I do think the OEM sights are the best and the fastest I have had on any pistol though, so I can see where one may be faster initially picking up the irons.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Different strokes Ed!
    Personally, I love your approach. I don't like things hanging around I don't need / use. Sometimes I get attached though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Another 150 down the pipe (100 "Perfecta" walmart specials and 50 Monarch). It was raining cats and dogs today so I shot all steel. This gun is a speed demon on steel. Combine the light trigger, very low recoil of 9mm and the big ass HD front sight and you can basically shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger and expect a solid ding.

This gun, and I presume the FNS, should be on people's radar. It runs as well as the HK with slightly inferior ergos (while still way better than Glock) but with much better slide lever setup. And it eats everything. Fantastic gun. Also, the finish on the gun is extremely tough. Usually by the time I get this far the gun looks far worse.

Here are some pics from tonight along with it's big sister, my beside the bed companion.

by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Without having to dig back through all your posts on the FNX, did you do anything to the hammer spring to lighten the DA trigger? All the FNX that I've handled at the NRA convention and SHOT show had very heavy DA pull. SA is ok.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Nah, It is all factory. I am usually a chicken about tinkering with that stuff unless it is a 1911.

The DA is heavyish. Better than HK, worse than SIG.

Christopher Columbus

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast