Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Break my FNX-9.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    ~5-6k. I have about 4500 accounted here and a fair number I would need to look into my log to get. Not that many really. It sat in my brother in law's closet for years. It still looks fantastic with only the barrel hood showing any wear.

This gun has a lot going for it. It can be carried cocked and locked which is a BIG plus for an old 1911 guy like me. But it had a double action mode (which, being a J-frame guy is also no problem) so when I put it beside the bed at night I leave it hammer down, safety on (actually, I use my FNX .45 for beside the bed duty, but it works the same). Just a fantastic gun that has an extra margin of safety for every day handling.

But on top of that, it is more accurate than the M&P 9s I have owned (I would put it with Glocks, but not up to HK levels) while still having an extremely well-thought out layout (especially the slide release). If FN would have been able to co-ordinate with crimson trace for an integral laser I would say this guy was perfect.

If I was designing a gun, I would probably take this gun and put HK mag release on it and call it a day. That being said, the gun's slide release lever is so-well placed that I think it surpasses everything except for the 1911 and the old P7.

The FNX has a LOT to recommend it. The drawbacks (holsters (not a real problem) parts (more of a fantasy problem for most folks) are so minimal that the gun should be much more popular than it is.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice. Ive been wanting a DA/SA handgun lately and have mostly been looking at CZs, Sig 2022, and the Beretta 92FS. I had totally spaced the FN series. I remember really liking the ones Ive handled.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

500 rounds steel "Monarch" ~6500

500 more rounds down range yesterday and today.

My buddy and I went steel crazy setting up plates at 10 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards along with gongs at 50, 75 and 100 yards. We kept em' ringing. It is tempting to start close and work your way out because you tend to have your grip/sights squared away by the end of the circuit, but it is fun to start from the farthest and work your way closer---Sgt York style!!

Monarch is some real crap ammo. The double strike capability of a hammer gun really comes into its own on this one. My buddy was shooting his steyr striker gun and it was basically dead in the water until he cleared the chamber. Years of J-framing make pushing through a double action restrike no big deal.

This gun has never jammed. No feed way stoppages, no erratic ejection, no nothing. Just hammers away. Looking forward to running it through a Dave Harrington Course the first weekend of june. 2000 rounds of steel crap in two days should warm the heart.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the updates, it's very informing and entertaining! I ran three magazines worth through my friends FNX-9 Sunday and it was flawless as usual, even managed to score a hit on steel at 100 yards myself. I'm not in the market for another full size 9mm but if I was I would look hard for one of these.

Feedback Score
    I'm loving this thread. My bedside partner is also an FNX 45 Tac but I've got an RMR on it. I baby mine. Clean it religiously. Nice to know it can stand up to this kind of heavy use though. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

250 more steel ~6750

I am going to give the gun a good scrubbing this week. Next weekend is a 2000 round Dave Harrington shooting class. After all this NASTY steel cased junk it deserves it.

The gun continues to purr along. My buddy was out shooting his CZ-75 SP01 and he told me to sell it to him when I flake out and sell it. LOL

Does anyone happen to know when you are supposed to swap out the recoil spring?

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Next weekend is a 2000 round Dave Harrington shooting class.
    Have fun. You're going to be worn out after 2000 rounds.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    You ain't kidding. Nothing like 2k rounds in the Americus sun.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Super Dave!!! 2k rounds will be intense for sure.

Greg, have you gotten back into a 1911? Or was the CQB your last one? When do we get to see you break one?

Ross

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don't have one...but I am eyeballing a cqb custom.

Christopher Columbus

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast