Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Break my FNX-9.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Hey Greg! My own P2000 just hit 15k rounds on Thursday.

Good luck with this test!
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

200 rounds (actually 197)

200 rounds Geco 115 today. Actually 197 since I found three lose rounds in my pocket when I got home.

Gun ran perfectly. Hits behind the dot at 30 feet. First three mags were literally dumped as fast as I could pull the trigger.

I don't have a holster for it yet. I do have a nylon Uncle Mike's that I will use for draw practice. So today I practiced low ready drills from 21 and 30 feet.

The safety is excellent. Swiping it off from ready is a zero-drama affair.

If you load 17 rounds in the mag (which is almost impossible) it will not seat in the mag well. 16+1 is as good as it gets right now.

Absolutely no lubrication or cleaning.

The sights, as I noted before, are excellent. I marked out the rear dots. The large white dot is excellent.

Doomsday kit!

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Also, I filled the front dot with Glow Inc Ultra Green V10, which is the glow in the dark paint that Beretta and HK put on their standard sights. I ran a similar setup by blacking out my old HK45s rear sights. It sounds crazy, but this setup was king when I ran it through a low/no light class.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    They don't import it here yet.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

500 rounds. 0 malfunctions.

Hey guys,

Shot 300 rounds today.

203 rounds GECO 115 grain 9mm.
    50 rounds Gold Dot 124grain +p
    50 Rounds Federal HST 147 grain.

All ran perfectly.

My buddy Dan actually shot an unknown number of his own reloads through the gun today, but I forgot to ask him. He reported that the pistol kicked harder than his Steyr M9. I don't doubt this but I have never really noticed much difference in recoil between guns of the same caliber.

I ran the gun in a crappy Uncle Mike's holster.

50 Rounds draw practice. 1, 2, 3 rounds per draw at three targets at 21 ft, 30 ft and 25 yards.

100 rounds box drills at 21 and 30 feet. These were done while loading only 5 rounds in the mags. I practiced reloads from a comp-tac clip on mag holder made for the P30.

50 rounds strong and weak hand, plus some 100 yard shooting for funzies.

50 Round of HST various but primarily 30ft and 25 yards.

50 rounds of Gold Dots doing transition drills while shooting my SCAR. Yes, I was doing transitions with a SCAR H because I am an idiot.

I don't expect to shoot any more premium ammo through the gun unless I just run up on some. I only did this to see if the gun would act up. It did not.

So far so good. I have to say I am not sure why this gun isn't more popular. It brings pretty much everything to the table with no detectable downsides. I guess people hate safety switches, but this gun gives you a lot of good options. C&L gives you a very good SA trigger and short reset. And the DA is basically a restrike mode. You can also run it DA with the safety for beside the bed duty.

Mother and daughter!

I did not shoot the Ranger +P pictured. I got bored shooting so I didn't feel like wasting the ammo if I was no longer concentrating or having fun.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Greg,

do you plan on turning this into an EDC?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Very unlikely. I have been carrying a Kahr PM9 off and on(of two I have had) for years. It is handy enough to carry in my pocket and has 7 rounds of 9mm so it is what I always carry. I have just gotten too lazy to carry full size guns.

This picture doesn't really do the sights justice. The front sight is seriously "hogged out" as is the rear u notch. Very nice.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't had a chance to mess with a FN-X yet, when I had an FNP-9 I was not enthused by the complex sear mechanism and the sheer number of parts in that area. I was very grateful for the Glock system when it came down to detail stripping the gun. I never attempted anything past a field strip of the FN. Is the FN-X pretty much the same in this regard as the FNP?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Greg,

Can you get an in focus shot of the rear sight?

Very interesting see a U-Notch on a factory gun. (if that is indeed a u-notch)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast